Complaint Review: Getty Images

Getty Images
605 5th Ave S, Suite 400 Seatle, Washington United States of America

Getty Images Company says I have used an Image Unauthorized Seatle, Washington

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: GETTY IMAGES EXTORTION

I received a letter stating I was using an image that was unauthorized and I had a copyright infringement. They want me to send them $750 via bank transfer. To pay for the image and if I take the picture down I still must send the $750 for the use of the image? This letter looks very letgitemate but when looking at it closely something is wrong. The image in question is an image that is paid for through the website company I pay for monthly and is in a picture folder I can use - all of these images are paid for and protected. So they are very wrong in even sending this letter to me, It should have been sent to the website that gives the pictures to the customers that are paying for web service. I think there is something very wrong with this whole thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Getty-Images/Seatle-Washington-98104/Getty-Images-Company-says-I-have-used-an-Image-Unauthorized-Seatle-Washington-1014354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Getty Images

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

GETTY IMAGES EXTORTION

AUTHOR: Ringo - (United States of America)

I also received the extortion letter(s) from Getty Images demanding $875.00 dollars. I acquired  an Adobe Flash player web form from a third party 5 years ago. There is a blurry image embedded in the adobe flash player form that Getty Images claim is copyrighted. They are behaving like bullies and they did not even use a letter of cease and desist. I consulted an attorney and recommended me to follow up with a copyright patent legal attorney, but the lawyer told me that it sounded more like a scam. I am a small business owner having a tough time paying the bills at home. and my website only advertised my consulting service. Any how I did some research through the Internet and found people who have been blackmailed by this Getty Image company.

I found a well documented website about this extortion  ==> http://stopgettyimages.com/getty_images_extortion_attempts.htm

I hope this help you to educate you about this unethical company. THE TRUTH ABOUT GETTY IMAGES EXTORTION

Please keep me posted if you find a better way to deal with this bully