Complaint Review: Gforce Chips

• Updated: Tue, February 14, 2012

• Reported By: Larry — Sterling Virginia United States of America
Gforce Chips
17595 Harvard Ste. C-194 Irvine, California United States of America

Gforce Chips, Gforce Performance Chips Lied about ease of removal Irvine, California

*Consumer Comment: It IS Easy!

When I ordered this "chip" (really just a resistor which tricks the ECU) I asked several questions.  An important question that I asked was whether or not I'd be able to remove it and put it back easily when I took the car in for service.  The answer was yes.  I fully expected a customized fitting for my car  that I could snap on and off when I went to the dealership.

When I received it, and the instructions included the word "crimp", I knew this was not the case.  I asked for a refund of both the full price, and shipping since they lied about this.  They said to return it, and I'd receive a refund within 15 days.  I did receive the refund, minus a 25% restocking fee and the shipping charge.  When I asked about this they just pointed out their policy.  After I threatened to report them to the BBB and to dispute the charge on my credit card, they told me that they were making a 1 time exception and did refund the restocking fee, but still not the shipping.  That's all I needed was 1 time, because I'm never buying anything from this company again.

This company is shady, as they engage in deceptive business practices.  If a company has to resort to lying to it's potential customers when they ask a direct question, then they shouldn't be in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2012 03:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gforce-Chips/Irvine-California-92614/Gforce-Chips-Gforce-Performance-Chips-Lied-about-ease-of-removal-Irvine-California-838802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gforce Chips

It IS Easy!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

All you are doing is substituting a resistor in place of the IAT sensor. That sensor tells the computer what the outside air temperature is. Making crimp on connectors is child's play. You would do this so you can remove the resistor and plug the connector back onto the IAT. This isn't rocket science. But if you've never done any minor electrical work or not mechanically inclined then this could be over your head. At $69 + for a resistor, anyone would be far far better off to do some research on the web to come up with a value in ohms and then go to Radio Shack and get everything for way under $!0!