Complaint Review: Ghetti Images

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: littlebird — EARLY Iowa
Ghetti Images
605 5th Ave S, Suite 400 Seattle Seattle, Washington USA

Ghetti Images Getty Images605 5th Ave S, Suite 400 Seattle, Washington USA Mafia Style Letter Demands Money for Bloggers Innocent Unwatermarked Thumbnail Image Seattle Washington

In 2011 I recieved a letter from Ghetti Images demanding $1200.00 for a tiny thumbnail image they found in the back catacomb pages of my website.  Sadly I had purchased a package of several images from Time Life Ghetti in 2008, with the added bonus of 2 free images.  It was the biggest mistake of my life.

Because the images were free, I did not think twice about displaying one of them in my website, and have no way of prooving they are legal.  In 2008 it was impossible to just "take" a Ghetti Image because it would be watermarked.  If there was such thing as Screen Shot in 2008, I had no knowledge of it.

I explained my plight and innocense to one of their "attotneys" in 2011, and that I had immediatly deleted the image and replaced it with a 'dreamstime" image.  She seemed to have no great consern and told me to get back later.

The next year, 2012, I recieved a letter saying "it appeared" at one time I had an image of Ghettis on my Website.......and to please send 1200.00 immeditatly. "The artist" they explained, "was exceptinaly high priced."  The words "It Appeared at one time I had a photo" seemed highly suspicious...as if they were grasping for straws and my "free Ghetti Image" by this time had long been deleted from my website.

I have just recieved a third letter, 2013, demanding that if I do not pay them 1200.00 IMMEDIATLY {I have 10 days} they will be forced to take action against me.  As of today I seek an attorney and will communicate through a legal letter. They offer "payment plans" to pay for my free Time/Liffe Ghetti image of 2008, long deleted from my life.  Beware of any photo package you purchase from Ghetti, and decide "NO" to any 2 free bonus images.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 05:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ghetti-Images/Seattle-Washington/Ghetti-Images-Getty-Images605-5th-Ave-S-Suite-400-Seattle-Washington-USA-Mafia-Style-L-1067345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ghetti Images