Complaint Review: Giant RV

• Reported By: brendan — Palmdale California
Giant RV
1300 E San Antonio Dr Colton, California USA

Giant RV Dishonest and Deceptive Practices Colton California

I deploy overseas to Afghanistan and had not spent time with my children for 2 years following a divorce and long term deployment.  I didn't have a home for the kids and had been renting a vacation home, and travelling to National Parks sleeping in tents and hotel rooms.  I thought of the idea of an rv and stopped into Giant RV to consider the option.  I went in and explained my living and financial situation.  I was presented an option and it seemed they were going out of there way to help me.  However, it was more of a ploy to get me to stay a couple of days longer to get me approved.  I was worried about the financial side of it but the salesman sold me on the fact that my expenses would go down from the way we were currently travelling.  I went through with it and now regret it.  It ruined my summer with my kids and they ended up going back earlier.  I immediately ended up spending 700 dollars to replace the shocks that were completely shot.  Couldn't go over 50 mph and even when a car would pass or a gust of wind I would almost lose control.  I was told that a car hitch would run me around 300 dollars to tow my car and would have no problem towing a VW Jetta TDI Automatic 6 speed transmission, but this wasn't the case.  They were dishonest and sold me an unsafe vehicle that wasn't road ready.  I cannot change what is done but I hope that those of you in the market for an rv will think twice about purchasing from Giant RV.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 11:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Giant-RV/Colton-California-92324/Giant-RV-Dishonest-and-Deceptive-Practices-Colton-California-1070856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Giant RV