Complaint Review: Gibson Trust Inc. (aka) Goldstar Financial

• Submitted: Mon, November 18, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, November 18, 2002

• Reported By:Woodbine MD
Gibson Trust Inc. (aka) Goldstar Financial
4081 N. Federal Hwy. Suite 110A Pompano Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Gibson Trust Inc aka Goldstar Financial ripoff Pompano Beach Florida

Gibson Goldstar got $12,832.00 from us, ruined our credit, and our lives .....

"My wife and I signed up with Gibson Trust Inc. (then, Goldstar Financial) in February of 2000"

The credit councilor (Bruce Bird) assured us that we would be better off using their services rather than non-profit organizations or bankruptcy in order to retain our good credit history. Even though our balances were high, we NEVER have been late on a payment to anyone. We were, and still are very poor. We have no collateral to get a loan. We were very happy that someone was willing to work with us to eliminate this debt we incurred.

That was 33 months and $12,832.00 ago. Our customer agreement is estimated to be completed in 55 months. Out of the $18,541.89 in total balances we placed into their care, our debt is down only $4,911.51! That leaves $13,630.38 to be paid off in 22 months? This doesn't include the terrible interest rates they negotiated. I did better negotiations while canceling my accounts.

I never bothered to question their actions. Once in a while we would get a late notice from one of our creditors. We always included them in our payments as requested. Those notices rapidly increased in the past 3 or 4 months so I started trying to make contact with them. At first, they assured me that everything was fine (customer rep. named Bryan). They requested fax copies of those notices from the creditors (I did so immediately) and told me my plan was on schedule. More notices show up along with phone calls from Citicorp telling me I was behind on payments and they were turning us over to a collection agency. Now it is impossible to contact Gibson Trust. No one will return a call.

When I ran across this site I felt sick. How could I be so nave? I feel terrible for everyone here who got abused by these people. I'm sending an ultimatum via certified mail to Gibson Trust (or whoever is at that address) and copies to my creditors, filing a complaint to the Florida Division of Consumer Services and the Dept of Banking and Finance.

The People here at ripoffreport.com have graciously offered their support as well. Contact Grace Utley at gfutley@ripoffreport.com.

We are in dire straights. We thought we were doing the right thing by paying this debt off rather than filing for bankruptcy. Now we don't know what to do. Our credit is ruined and we cannot afford to pay these bills.

Woodbine, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2002 06:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gibson-Trust-Inc-aka-Goldstar-Financial/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33064/Gibson-Trust-Inc-aka-Goldstar-Financial-ripoff-Pompano-Beach-Florida-35554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gibson Trust Inc. (aka) Goldstar Financial