Complaint Review: Gibson Trust aka Goldstar Financial

• Submitted: Tue, December 10, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, December 10, 2002

• Reported By:longtree Maryland
Gibson Trust aka Goldstar Financial
Pompano Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Gibson Trust aka Goldstar Financial ripoff Took my money and my pride Pompano Beach Florida

I recently was trying to get a hold of someone at Gibson Trust but couldn't so I decided to check their website in which I hadn't in over six months. I came across both your stories and was shocked after I read them, the same thing happened to me only my case was little different, I spoke with a gentleman who helped me so much at first even calling me regularly to remind me to pay. After I was laid off from my job, I contacted him via email to let him know I needed to change my dates of payment and also to notify him that for 2 months my payments had not being made. The gentleman was very sympathetic towards me and said he would have to check on it and call me back or email me back, he never did, I called him numerous times and eventually got hold of the receptionist over at Gibson trust, the young lady asked me if I needed to make payment, I said NO, I had a complaint instead, I had already paid over $400.00 already and hadn't seen any results in my bills. Furthermore, I asked to speak to the gentleman who sent me the contract, he apparently was out sick and they had no idea when he would come back or if he was coming back. So I asked to speak to a manager, there were only Voice mails available so I left messages, In short, nobody ever returned my calls or emails again after that, i only got two call backs from a gentleman who wouldnt leave his name and he only left a message stating he was replying to my messages and that he was with Gibson trust. I stopped sending payments since I was only loosing money and falling more and more behind on my bills. after investingating on my own i found out that none of my creditors had been contacted and it was all a fraud. I don't know if there is anything as a team that we can do to get our money back or file a lawsuit but this was an awful thing that should be stopped. I was a student at the time and feel like I was raped by this company that now has changed its name and relocated. When I signed my contract the gentleman seemed very pleasant, he emailed it to me infact after it was altered numerously (I could tell), it didn't seem like a real contract at all. I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune with this company I hope what you have posted on that site helps more that just myself. before reading your email I was preparing to try and work with them again but I am glad that your email saved me from loosing more money. Am sure there are many others out there I just hope they don't make the same mistakes we all made.

Thank you for your time and for your messages.....I hope they reach someone else too

Disappointed Student....wrote in reference to a posting by Richard and Michelle...

Longfield, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2002 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gibson-Trust-aka-Goldstar-Financial/Pompano-Beach-Florida/Gibson-Trust-aka-Goldstar-Financial-ripoff-Took-my-money-and-my-pride-Pompano-Beach-Florid-37745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gibson Trust aka Goldstar Financial