Complaint Review: GiftCards.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 07, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 27, 2012

• Reported By: Karen — Conway South Carolina Virgin Islands (US)
GiftCards.com

GiftCards.com $50 gift card for 91-year-old mother has ZERO balance. NO PURCHASES MADE. $50 in fees!! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us.

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact your credit card company that you paid with to reverse the charges

I am so angry i could chew chain and spit rivets! Quite a while ago, I purchased a Visa gift card from GIFTCARDS.COM for my 91-year-old mother. She can navigate the internet pretty well, but she is afraid to use her personal credit cards for online purchases. She was too embarrassed to tell me she couldn't figure out how to activate/use the card. GIFTCARDS.COM's "resolution"? The entire $50 has vanished in fees. NOT A SINGLE PENNY was redeemed by my mom. I feel ripped off, frustrated, and angry!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2012 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GiftCardscom/internet/GiftCardscom-50-gift-card-for-91-year-old-mother-has-ZERO-balance-NO-PURCHASES-MADE--849989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GiftCards.com

Please contact us.

AUTHOR: Tom Cribbs GiftCards.com Customer S - (United States of America)

Sir,

I am sorry to hear about an unsatisfying experience you had in the purchase of a gift card for your mother. Unfortunately, you didn't give me enough information to research the issue and provide you with an appropriate response.

Our goal at GiftCards.com is to provide the highest possible level of service to every one of our customers.

I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your circumstances.

You can reach me at 877 944 3822 x9204 or email me at tom.cribbs@wolfe.com

I look forward to the opportunity to assist you.

Tom Cribbs

Customer Service Director

GiftCards.com

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Contact your credit card company that you paid with to reverse the charges

AUTHOR: shebakesalot - (USA)

Contact your credit card company that you paid with to file a complaint & reverse the charges. I always suggest paying especially with American Express (preferred) or any credit card *never* with a direct debit from your bank account. Once you pay by debit, it's like cash and the company has your money. If you pay with a credit card, you always can file a complaint dispute with the credit card company you used. They put a hold on the merchants account and "freeze" their payment while they do an investigation. You can also file a BBB Complaint and contact the County Department of Consumer Affairs in the state you live in, to file a complaint as well. Best of luck to you.