rank

• Updated: Sun, November 27, 2011

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Giftcards.com
giftcards.com Internet U.S.A.

Giftcards.com Scam. Cost me $30 to get nothing! Horrible company, no response to calls or emails. Internet

*Consumer Comment: What about E-Gift Cards?

*UPDATE Employee: Shipping Options at GiftCards.com

*Consumer Comment: shipping gift cards

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal to post "GiftCards.com Scam" posted by Mueller

I ordered two Visa giftcards on Septmeber 28, sent at a delivery cost of $6.95 a piece. Were suppose to arrive by October 12. Well, by October 20, they never arrived. I had the event where I was handing out the giftcards so I had to go buy new ones at Walgreens the day before my event.

I called and left a message for a supervisor at Giftcards.com, and have not received a call. The horribly unhelpful phone rep said they have no way of tracking gift cards that were sent US mail.

I filled out a refund form, hoping to get my $750.00 back. They charged me $12 for shipping, and then another $7 per card to cancel and refund the purchase. So it cost me nearly $30 to get nothing. Customer service was horrible. We'll see if I get a refund for the $750 worth of Visa giftcards I purhcased. Please don't use this Web site. Nothing but a scam!!!

Mueller
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2007 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Giftcardscom/internet/Giftcardscom-Scam-Cost-me-30-to-get-nothing-Horrible-company-no-response-to-calls-or-280345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Giftcards.com

What about E-Gift Cards?

AUTHOR: Just: a good guy - ()

Hi I was to receive an E-gift card from my friend at work as a thank you for helping her set up her new tablet device. After her $30.00 purchase not including a $4.95 charge for handling. It was never delivered to my inbox.

She did call to confirm the purchase with giftcards.com and they said it was all lined up. They also said to give 24 hours for delivery. Fair Enough. So after 48 hours still no E-Delivery (I wonder how much that shipping costs...lol). My frind called again and the agent said to give it untill the weekend is up and that it would arive on Monday. Well here it is Monday night and still no E-gift card. I would like to use it but I cant.

I wonder if the Owner is going to have a lame excuse for this one also. Come on GiftCards.com Get it together as you are responsible for peoples livelyhood when you are holding our money iressposibly.

Ryan Sell

Shipping Options at GiftCards.com

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

Rob points out in his post that a more secure shipping method should be available when purchasing gift cards.  At www.GiftCards.com, we offer 5 separate shipping options for the customer.  Two USPS options are available: standard first class and Flat rate/confirmed.  The standard first class is a non-trackable option.  The purchaser is made aware of this option when selecting a shipping option.  The USPS confirmed offers the purchaser an option for delivery confirmation.  While not a true tracking option, confirmation of delivery to the intended recipient is provided on our website or on the USPS website.  Additionally, we now offer 3 separate Fedex shipping options.  The purchaser can choose based upon delivery timeframe.  Each Fedex option provides fully trackable solutions.

shipping gift cards

AUTHOR: Rob - (United States of America)

Jason makes he point that the customer selects the shipping method and shame on the customer for shipping $750 thru USPS.  The fact is that shipping should be the responsibility of the merchant and if the item being shipped is of high value or sensitive then Omni Prepaid (Giftcards.com) should be shipping these USPS with signature confirmation or some of the other options avail to confirm the product was indeed received.  The website isn't clear that the first class shipping via USPS isn't receipt confirmed or insured - they even highlight it as "FREE" and make it seem like the consumer can select FedEx but that is would be much more.  I digress, the point is many jurisdictions will not fault the consumer (and make them pay for) product the merchant did not deliver period.  The merchant should file the claim with the shipper for claims of missing or damaged merchandise.  I suggest Jason and the team put in place a more secure shipping method as I have had personal experience with a gift card not getting delivered via USPS and Giftcard.com folks suggesting I was on the hook for the $506.95 I had paid.

My $500 gift card was to be delivered to a business lock box address and was confirmed never to have been received.  Giftcards.com suggested the card had been used and someone guessed the pin number on the first try?  Sorry Jason, but I think you need to stop blaming consumers for mail thieves and ship your stuff via a more secure method like usps signature confirmation.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal to post "GiftCards.com Scam" posted by Mueller

AUTHOR: Jason Wolfe - (U.S.A.)

I was unable to find this persons order in our system, he did not leave an invoice number. If I had an invoice number I can give complete details of the order.

I wanted to reply, however, to his charges that we are a scam. We are a certified Visa partner. We are backed by First Gulf Bank, NA. We have been selling Gift Cards since 1999. In fact in 2008, we sold about 500,000 gift cards. We are certainly not a scam.

What this person is claiming is that they ordered a Visa gift card for $750, and had it shipped USPS. The first question I have is why would you send $750 and not pay the $15 for FedEx next day delivery? That aside, when you place any orders at GiftCards.com, the customer is given a check box they MUST check that states this:

* By checking this box, you acknowledge that First Class shipping by USPS is not guaranteed and that the First Class shipping fees are non-refundable.

So Mueller saw this box, and checked it. Knowing that having his $750 product shipped to him by regular mail was not guaranteed and shipping fees were not refundable. Yet this is what he chose anyways. I guess to gave $10 in shipping costs.

Mueller, then is upset at us after his own selection of shipping, and calls us a scam. I disagree with his comment and post totally.