Complaint Review: Gigats

• Reported By: Robert — Atlanta Georgia
Gigats
www.gigats.com orlando, Florida USA

Gigats Phishing, Deceptive Practice orlando Florida

I was applying for jobs on Indeed.com and was redirected to Gigats.com when I tried to apply for a warehouse position ( a position that I later found out did not even exist) .  Foolishly I went ahead and registered with Gigats, thinking that it was part of the application for this fraudulent position and finally came to a screen which indicated that I must contact a representative in order to complete my application.  Though by now I had several red flags (why would any employer want to speak with me immediately after submitting an application) I thought that, perhaps this was a hiring process which I simply was not familiar with.

The representative asked interview like questions in order, I assume, to give an impression of legitimacy while accomplishing their alterior (and only) motive of simply getting my information so that they could feed it various online colleges.  I am not interested in online courses, I told the rep so and even if I was , after this experience I would not be because anyone with a genuine product or service would not have to resort to such underhanded practices.

It has been a week since the "interview" .  I recieve job listings which redirct me not to company websites but sites which you can register for that promise to send you specific deals or opportunities.  But most frustrating of all I recieve atleast a dozen calls from online college telemarketers.

These calls do not stop.  If they believed in what they were doing and were not simply trying to take advantage of people they would call once, perhaps leave a message and follow up.  Even that I can tolerate with professional courtesy bu five minutes after I submiteed my application I got my first call and one (from same number and others) every thirty minutes after until the close of the day.

I may be a fool for falling for this nonsense but I am also a genuine , hard-workng individual looking to find a job during a tough time.  I do not need any of my time or energy wasted on scams like this and I think preying on people at such a time gets you a special place among the predatory scum of our society.

Please do not fall for this as I did.  If you doubt my words read the dozens of other reports (and absolute lack of any positive review from any user --though their employees are very active in defending the company , they are the only ones who have anything positive to say).  Gigats is a terrible company, I do not care what they have to say about any of this , their actions have spoken quite clearly

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gigats/orlando-Florida/Gigats-Phishing-Deceptive-Practice-orlando-Florida-1069947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gigats