Complaint Review: Gigats.com

• Reported By: S. Lynn — Winter Park Florida
Gigats.com
1701 Park Center Dr Orlando, Florida United States of America

Gigats.com softrock, career network Online job search scam Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: The above comment was written by the Gigats marketing department

*UPDATE Employee: Lies and Slander

I too fell victim to this job offer scam.  First they appear to have a whole list of jobs that you are qualified for so you fill out their on line registration, which always includes asking if you want to continue your education. Then even after you say no, you still get calls about going back to school and additional telemarketing calls, even if you are on the do not call list.  then I was called for an interview for a customer service position. I  figured what the heck, and went  the first interview was very brief and even though I have never done anything like this before I made the cut to the 2nd interview, "Discovery Day".  I discovered that this was a call center job for those telemarketing jobs about continuing education.  I left and didn't make an appointment to "work for a day" as interview 3.  And I definitely didn't like the concept of "bootcamp"

Bootcamp, where you work for 2 weeks and still don't know if you have the job.  I checked reviews on this and found out most people are fired before making it out of bootcamp.  I found out also that most online job boards are part of this scam and now I need to get my profile off of them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gigatscom/Orlando-Florida-32835/Gigatscom-softrock-career-network-Online-job-search-scam-Orlando-Florida-1037111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gigats.com

The above comment was written by the Gigats marketing department

AUTHOR: G. Zuss - ()

I also was a victim of this scam... almost.  They called and sounded like a job recruiter, at least for about a minute.  The guy 'recruiting me' admitted that he hadn't seen my resume, but was seeing if I was a good fit for a company that I had applied to.  He now steered the discussion towards vague career questions like 'where do you see yourself in 5 years?  Are you happy now?' and such.

He apparently didn't realize that the company that 'he was submitting my resume to' is a TEMP AGENCY!!!  I can apply to them on their website directly.  I pointed this out and hung up the phone.

A glowing review of this experience, as written above, sounds like it was written by the Gigats Advertising team, or marketing office, or whatever.  Not a real live worker.  This is comment #3, so if it seems out of order then the Gigats HR department deleted their comment.  Anyway, please beware.  Thanks!

Lies and Slander

AUTHOR: Jack - ()

I call BS on ths report. This poster was obviously someone who didnt make it past discovery day and decided to report the website as a scam. The fact that all the major job boards are working in conjunction with gigats.com should make it obvious enough that it's legit.

The "customer service position" this person is referring to is actually called 'Employment Specialist' and their job is to prescreen job-seekers for the positions they applied for and even offer to transfer you to speak with an Education Advisor who conveniently matches you with schools that offer your degree program of intrestest and has them contact you.

Gigats.com is the future of job searching and its going to help millions of people some of which not yet born. Even if this ripoff report doesn't get removed, peope will realze eventually that it's legit.

presumably