Complaint Review: Gillman Dodge Houston Southwest

• Submitted: Tue, December 13, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 09, 2012

• Reported By: Wiser now — Houston Texas U.S.A.
Gillman Dodge Houston Southwest
10585 West Sam Houston Parkway South, Houston, Texas United States of America

Gillman Dodge Houston Southwest Gillman, Gillman Mazda, Dodge dealership, Gillman service department, Gillman Crysler Jeep Dodge Repair ripoff Houston, Texas

*Author of original report: Now the transmission on top of ....

*Author of original report: Update on my vehicle repairs...INSANE!!!!!

*Author of original report: @Robert WHY???

*Consumer Comment: Why?

*Author of original report: By The Way....

Well, I figured I would finally take my 2005 Dodge Durrango to a Dodge dealer to be repaired once and for all. After towing my vehicle to several shops, who better to find and fix the problem then them. I was told by Allen in service they had equipment other shops dont and they could find and fix the problem. So I had it towed there for a cost of $70 from a private towing company because Gillman would charge appx. $100+. The initial problem started with a car accident where my front bumper frame was damaged (bent). Texas Car & Collision Center (Paul) fixed it and it was released to me after they received the insurance check whuch by the way was never signed by my lender or myself, as it should have been in order to cash it.

After a few days I was sitting in a store parking lot with the truck running and all of a sudden the pressure gauge and oil light popped on and the truck began making a ticking noise and shut off. I cranked it and drove about one block before it stopped again. I had it towed from there home then to another shop that said it was to big of a job and they didnt hve the right equipment to access the problem but they got it running again, Geralds Automotive told me I could pick up my truck no charge. So I drove it about a quarter of a mile back to Texas Car Cillsion Center wher Paul assured me they could and would handle the job.

After about a week they said I neede a new throttle body and would cost me about $275. Then a few days later, they said they drove it and the same problem occurred so they would need more time or I ciuld just come get it. By this time its been two weeks. Mind you I paying our of pocket for a rental car company associated with Texas Car Collision. So thats when I decide to contact Gillman Dodge where I spoke with Allen. I had my vehicle towed from Texas Car Collision straight to Allen at Gillman that day. Oh, and TC&C let me keep the new throttle body no charge. I told Allen what happened prior and I wasnt sure what was going on. He assured me they had the right equipment and could do the job.

After about a 2 mths and series of phone calls (which I recorded) back n forth my truck was ready. But let me back up after informing me of a &100+ charge to put it on their machine, Allen told me they think they know where the peoblem is but I would have to agree to a $800 charge just to go in and look to be sure, plus $100+ charge for them to reoace the battery which was know longer charging, and that my initial chrg o $100+ for them to put it on their machine would be obsorbed into the repair cost. So I gave them the go ahead. To make a long story shirt and after taking out almost the whole insides out to get to the repair. Allen said they needed to replace both cylinder heads.

After picking up my vehicle and paying a total repair cost if $2434(incl. oil change special for $39.95), which they claimed had been discounted, I finally got my truck back. I made about a half a mile and the engine light came on so I immediately turned around and took it back. Allen said it was idled to hifh and I would have to cime back in a couple hrs. I did, and I drove it abour two weeks and the engine light came back and began making a loud ticking noise. Allen told me to bring it back and he would take care of it.

Then a day or so later he said something about some broken or damaged bolts and the charge was $85. I told Allen I could not pay and he called me back to tell me they would release my truck no charge. About a week and a half later the engine and pressure gauge lights came back on and it began to over heat. So I again called Allen and had Gillman tow it back to their shop. Allen told me if it had anything to do with the work or parts they did it would be covered under warranty. After several days Allen calls and ask me did the truck over heat and wanted to know how I got a new radiator. I thought that was just silly. This after Allen already told me there must've been a defect with the cylinder heads they put on.

After I began questioning and disagreeing with Allen at his accusation that I replaced the radiator, Allen said he was no longer a part of this and forwarded me to Jim the service mngr. There main concern was that I needed to bring a report or work order on the new radiator which I told them several times there was no new radiator and if it was they must hve done the work. So now after spending all this money and not even having my trck back 40 days they are trying to pull a scam on me. I was told by Jim yesterday they would go in the truck and assess the problem at no charge and get back to me but they must know how I got a new radiator. Absurd!!! Beware! You can find other complaints online blogs but im shocked I'm the first here. Dont trust Gillman or get ready for the ride of your life. Im thinking this may come down to a court date. Glad I recorded all those false promises.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2011 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gillman-Dodge-Houston-Southwest/Houston-Texas-77099/Gillman-Dodge-Houston-Southwest-Gillman-Gillman-Mazda-Dodge-dealership-Gillman-service-808589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gillman Dodge Houston Southwest

Now the transmission on top of ....

AUTHOR: Wiser now - (U.S.A.)

As of today, I received a vmail from Jim on this past Friday Jan 6th wanting to set a time when I can bring my truck back to Gillman to further investigate the transmission....for the fifth time. Is he serious???? If your thinking of getting any car repairs, oil change, etc. at Gillman Dodge in Houston, I say you hve better luck taking your mortgage or rent money a buying a ton of powerball lottety tickets. To be FORETOLD is to be Fore-WARNED Their only interest is getting your money not givivg the customer great servoce! BEWARE. Trust me it is NOT worth the gamble!!!!

Update on my vehicle repairs...INSANE!!!!!

AUTHOR: Wiser now - (U.S.A.)

After speaking to Debbie Adams in Gillman executive office, then the General manager Sterling, who assured me he would personally make sure my vehicle was in perfect running conditionore I picked it up I began receiving calls from Jim Dirosa and ole jumping the ship Alan Scott. Sterling told me if there is a problem with the radiatoe he would figure it out. Jim called to let me know my truck would be ready on Wednesday, Dec. 28th. Jim notified me they had to replace the whole motor from a salvage yardwith approx. same millage on it. He said nothing else about the radiator until the day I was to pick it up and told me that I did need to replace it and they could do it for charge of $375. Of course I refused as Steryling told me "he would figure that out". I again contacted corporate. Alan had the "pleasure" of calling to tell me my truck was ready. Them Jim called back to tell me it was not quite ready and after driving it to Sugarland and back there was a leak in the engine but it was an "easy fix". So finally on Dec. 30th, I got the call my truck was ready and running great as Jim had again drove it to Sugarland and back. I picked up the truck and left the shop. I did think it was odd I had the same amount of gas I left it with, but it had been driven to Sugrland and back twice. Ok. So later that day I called back and spoke to Alan saying the truck seemed to have a delay changing gears or maybe it could be idled to high again. Take off was kinda loud n rough. He explained there was an issue with the throttle body and something about the rpm and that theu had that issue when checking it out. A new problem again. Two days later Jan 1st I drone to the north side, my first time driving on the freeway the truck seemed to hesitate in increasing speed. Then on my way home a few hours later back on the freeway the engine light popped on. The next day I called Alan Scott and was told to bring it back so they could check it out. This would be my fourth return. I waited in the waiting area for about 30 min and Alan comes and tells me I have transmission prblems and I need a cadillac converter and throttle body. Seems to me their ready to start a new ticket and rack uo more money from me. I disagreed with Alan and he stormed out the office on me after again saying "its beyond his desk" and sending me back to Jim Dirosa office. Jim had no solution, no compassion, took no responsibility and I ended uo leaving in my truck with no resolution.

Oh, but they did make the engine light go off, only for it to come back on a couple hours later. So I called back to to Debbie Adams who said she would call to speak with service and get back with me. Jim called me back saying they were going to further investigate the transmission and get back with me, I wondered how he was going to do that since I had the truck. He didn't even know I had the truck. Ridicilous. So he asked me to come back. I asked him what was that going to solve and he replied, "I dont know". Mind you before I left the shop that day I requested my mony back and of course he couldnt do that. He couldnt fix my truck nor could he refund my money.

This is what gets me, before I paid them the $2434+ my only issue, they claim was I needed new cylinder heads, After I paid them I need a radiator, engine replaced, throttle body, and Eeee cadllac converter

@Robert WHY???

AUTHOR: Wiser now - (U.S.A.)

It's confusing to spell out every detailed here but let me see if I can clear this up for you quick and simple. At least the prior shops admitted they could not or would be able to fix or assess the problem. Gilliam is a Dodge dealer so ignorantly one might think they are the experts. Plus I was told they could and would do just that. I just feel after several weeks they got my truck running good enough to fool me whereas I paid my bill and drove off in a vehicle that had been properly fixed. This is the third time in the last 30+ days I've had to return the vehicle back to Gillman. Whatever the charge might add up to I initially told them I didnt know what was wrong and about recent events. I just wated them to fix the truck and tell me what I owe for a job well done.

Now for me the scam really comes into this during my last phone conversation with Allen and Jim on yesterday. Again Allen and question me about a NEW radiator and attempting to make that the big issue when Allen already told me it wasn't there was a defect in the cylinder heads THEY replaced. Now this. First, I did not have the radiator replaced, why would I, and how would I know I needed one. I would do exactly what I done in the last few weeks, call Allen and return the vehicle to Gillman for repairs. The bigger issue is I've given them over $2000+ yet I have not driven my truck a full thirty fays before the engine light pops on. You wouldn't take your computer to a computer shop because you have several viruses on it and all you want is for them too fix not knowing yourself what viruses they are. Then you pay your bill and find they only took off 25 of the 60 viruses. Still the computer is not working properly and services its purposes. Then they have the nerve to say you have more viruses now and its not their fault. Really? Like I said before if I do have a new radiator, Gillman did the job. I think they've come up with this radiator lie to shift blame and responsibility to me, the customer. It's all game! Far as Im concerned all I got for my money was a temporary few days ride in my truck and now I'm back on feet for my money, in less than 30-40 days. Woooow!!!!

Why?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

In reading your report it sounds like you have issues with several repair shops that couldn't fix your truck.  So how come you just wrote a RipOff report on the dealer?  Is it just because they are the last one to touch your vehicle?

I also don't quite understand your whole radiator issue?  Is the radiator actually new?  If so are you saying that part of the scam to put possibly defective cylinder heads and "stick" you with them is to replace your radiator?

By The Way....

AUTHOR: Wiser now - (U.S.A.)

As this is an on going situation, I will let you know how this turns out. Still truckless and waiting to hear back from Gillman.