- Report: #930558
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Gilt Group
Gilt GroupInternet United States of America
Gilt Group Selling Fake FURLA bags, Internet
*Consumer Comment: Furla purses - real or not?
*UPDATE Employee: Rebuttal to Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I responded: "Thanks for getting back to me. Many reasons why I know it is a fake:
1. All Furla bags contain a serial number on the paper black Furla tag on the bag. This balck Furla tag is blank.
2. The lining is black. Furla bags are always lined with the same color as the leather. It is a grey bag, the lining should be grey but it is black. I have over 15 Furla bags -- trust me on this one.
3. The tassel with the large nickel ball is missing from the bag. That is part of this style bag. I have one at home that I purchased directly from the Furla store at 57th Street.
4. The closure -- it is smaller than it is on the original.
5. There is no structure to the bottom of the bag. The one I have is clearly thicker and studier that this one. There is nothing inside the leather at the bottom of this bag, it is just leather.
6. I don't beleive it is leather at all because it doesn't smell like leather.
7. The snaps on the side are also small than on the original I have.
8. The stitching is different. The stiching doesn't start at the bottom of the bag on the sides. The stitching begins, not at the very bottom, but about 15% up from the bottom. On this bag, the leather has been folded over and the stiching begins about 15% up from the bottom of the bag.
9. All Furla bags are made in Italy and that is indicated inside the bag on the leather patch attached to the inside zippered pocket. Furla made in Italy. This just states Furla."
WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME!
Their response: "We have committed to a final sale policy on this item so we arent in a position to accommodate a return for it. The return policy was listed on the sale page for the item and quoted before and after checkout. We must adhere to this policy strictly."
I will see if American Express will help me out. Needless to say I WILL NEVER MAKE A GILT purchase again. I will also tell all my friends, as well as the ones on Facebook. You would think they would just take the bag back to make me happy. No, they were more interested in the sale then in CUSTOMER SERVICE.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gilt-Group/internet/Gilt-Group-Selling-Fake-FURLA-bags-Internet-930558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.