Purchased a Furla bag from Gilt Group. Sadly it was a "final" sale. Hope American Express helps me out since I do not want a fake bag. When I e-mailed Gilt Group they responded with "we are sorry to hear that you do not like your Furla bag. We can assure you that it is a genuine item. All of our merchandise comes directly from the vendors. We would love to hear the reasons why you are convinced this product is counterfeit. Please provide as many details as possible as the information will prove helpful to both Furla and us."
I responded: "Thanks for getting back to me. Many reasons why I know it is a fake:
1. All Furla bags contain a serial number on the paper black Furla tag on the bag. This balck Furla tag is blank.
2. The lining is black. Furla bags are always lined with the same color as the leather. It is a grey bag, the lining should be grey but it is black. I have over 15 Furla bags -- trust me on this one.
3. The tassel with the large nickel ball is missing from the bag. That is part of this style bag. I have one at home that I purchased directly from the Furla store at 57th Street.
4. The closure -- it is smaller than it is on the original.
5. There is no structure to the bottom of the bag. The one I have is clearly thicker and studier that this one. There is nothing inside the leather at the bottom of this bag, it is just leather.
6. I don't beleive it is leather at all because it doesn't smell like leather.
7. The snaps on the side are also small than on the original I have.
8. The stitching is different. The stiching doesn't start at the bottom of the bag on the sides. The stitching begins, not at the very bottom, but about 15% up from the bottom. On this bag, the leather has been folded over and the stiching begins about 15% up from the bottom of the bag.
9. All Furla bags are made in Italy and that is indicated inside the bag on the leather patch attached to the inside zippered pocket. Furla made in Italy. This just states Furla."
WHAT A WASTE OF MY TIME!
Their response: "We have committed to a final sale policy on this item so we arent in a position to accommodate a return for it. The return policy was listed on the sale page for the item and quoted before and after checkout. We must adhere to this policy strictly."
I will see if American Express will help me out. Needless to say I WILL NEVER MAKE A GILT purchase again. I will also tell all my friends, as well as the ones on Facebook. You would think they would just take the bag back to make me happy. No, they were more interested in the sale then in CUSTOMER SERVICE.