Complaint Review: Giove Law Offices A/k/a Lenahan Law Office A/k/a Empire Recovery Group

• Submitted: Tue, June 07, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, June 07, 2005

• Reported By:Henagar Alabama
Giove Law Offices A/k/a Lenahan Law Office A/k/a Empire Recovery Group
3695 Pine Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY 14301 65 Great Arrow Avenue, Buffallo,NY 14216, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-326-7054 (more)
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Giove Law Offices - Lenahan Law Office - Empire Recovery Group ripoff, crooked lawyers, illegal collection practices, liars Buffallo New York

If you have a collection agency hounding you beware! The ones named above are listed in the "worst". Put: Giove Law Firm in you search box and get ready for some interesting reading. Seems Mr. Giove is a sad joke.

I got a call one day from a "Danielle" who works for Giove. This lady pressured me and threatened me about a debt they were collecting that was nearly 20 years old! I tried to put her off until i could check her out but she gave this long speach about how they cannot call a second time to set up arrangements, etc., she wanted over $500. (one of three monthly payments! - i'm disabled and only receive $700. per month).

After she intimidated me (telling me since i had no assets they'd freeze my checking account) into giving her my account info and setting up (post dated check) payments. i immediately checked them out online (at Mr. Hibbs site), stopped payment on the checks and sent them a "cease communications" letter; every once in a while they will call me, but mostly it seems to be to bug me over the $20.00 charge they got for the check they claimed bounced (the one i stopped payment on) I always tell them i sent them a letter not to call me and then hang up. I have told them too, that I will contact my attorney (who is legit).

To make a long long complaint shorter, don't let these people scare you (they are very good! i worked for a lawyer for 15 years and knew they had to sue me to get to my bank account and they still scared the crap out of me!) Please, do yourself a favor, check out Mr. Hibbs - he has a long list of collection companies you should not deal with. He's a good man!

D.
Henagar, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2005 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Giove-Law-Offices-Aka-Lenahan-Law-Office-Aka-Empire-Recovery-Group/65-Great-Arrow-Avenue-BuffalloNY-14216-New-York-14216/Giove-Law-Offices-Lenahan-Law-Office-Empire-Recovery-Group-ripoff-crooked-lawyers-il-145346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Giove Law Offices A/k/a Lenahan Law Office A/k/a Empire Recovery Group