Complaint Review: Girls Gone Wild GGW/MRA Video

• Updated: Tue, March 12, 2002

• Reported By:Toronto ONT
Girls Gone Wild GGW/MRA Video
Hollywood, California U.S.A.

GGW/MRA Video Girls Gone Wild ripoff, dishonest billing, credit card "slamming" consumer fraud ripoff Hollywood California

I filed a report here about 8 months ago. It is amazing that, based on the ongoing reoprts posted here, that MRA is still being allowed to continue to perpetrate its fraud with impunity.

I was even eventually able to stop the ongoing charges to my credit card, but only after about 15 to 20 hours of work on my part and complaints all the way up the food-chain to the President of my Credit Card Company. The credit card company had closed my account and gave me a new card, but then I found that ongoing charges, being "slammed" on the old card were being transferred over to the new card by the C.C. Company. The C.C. Company refused to accept responsibility, saying that if I gave out my C.C. number to a merchant, that they could not refuse charges! I just about blew a head gasket!

If you too are a victim of this scam, and are bring jerked around, here's what I suggest you do: First get something down down in writing.... Send a registered letter to MRA demanding they stop the charges and threaten to complain to the U.S. Attorney General if they don't. If you are having trouble with your credit card Company, send them a registered letter too, informing them that you did not approve the ongoing charges, that they are fraudulent and that you expect the C.C. Company to deny them (you could potentially take the position that the C.C. Company is a party to the fraud, if they continue to charge your account, after being so informed in writing).

Finally and most importantly, go to the site www.usps.com and file a complaint with the U.S. Postal Service for mail fraud. I did this, (but I subsequently got my situation straightened out, through my own effort). The US Postal Service works with Attorney General's office and they mean business, but they say they will only act to shut down businesses if they receive a flood of complaints.

The idea of class action law suit (as one post suggested), in my opinion is questionable route to follow, in view of the relatively small dollar amounts involved per individual. I think a more worthwhile action would be to shut down the company and the people behind it. The A.G. should do this if they get enough complaints.............

Joseph
Toronto, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Girls-Gone-Wild-GGWMRA-Video/Hollywood-California/GGWMRA-Video-Girls-Gone-Wild-ripoff-dishonest-billing-credit-card-slamming-consumer-f-16540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Girls Gone Wild GGW/MRA Video