Complaint Review: Glam Gorgeous Salon

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: ActivistGal — Ontario
Glam Gorgeous Salon
409 Vine St Unit 13 St. Catherines, Ontario Canada

Glam Gorgeous Salon Jamie Marleau, Jamie Hudson, Trevor Hudson scam ripoff fraud wedding disaster St. Catharines Ontario

My fiance and I booked services from Glam Gorgeous Salon in St. Catharines, ON. We signed a contract that outlined the wedding day service fees and all other terms of the agreement, including what we had to pay for a deposit upfront.

We were also told that they needed payment for services in advance of the wedding day and that it was strongly encouraged for us to have a makeup and hair consultation in advance. My bridesmaids and I went in after the initial meeting. We were never told a cost for the consultation, nor were we provided with any invoices or receipts. At this time, three of my girls paid $110 each in cash, and myself and one bridesmaid paid via cheque in the amount of $124.30, which based on what I had been told I understood to be payment in advance for the wedding day. Again, they wanted us to pay via cash and no receipts, invoices, or HST numbers were provided.

One month out from my wedding, I receive an invoice from Jamie (the owner), claiming that this was the balance owing for services. When I told him that we had all paid in full at the consultation, he claimed that we had only paid for the consultation.

Now, he is refusing to refund our money. We had to cancel our services with them and we felt very deceived by the way they have handled our business. They are refusing to refund our money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 02:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Glam-Gorgeous-Salon/St-Catherines-Ontario/Glam-Gorgeous-Salon-Jamie-Marleau-Jamie-Hudson-Trevor-Hudson-scam-ripoff-fraud-wedding-1067336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Glam Gorgeous Salon