- Report: #22812
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Glen Grant Chevrolet
Glen Grant Chevrolet14400 - 1st Ave. South Burien, Washington U.S.A.
Glen Grant Chevrolet ripoff sold us a lemon, claimed it went through a "rigid pre-certification process" - a total lie! fraudulent claims! dishonest company! Burien Washington
*UPDATE Employee: Striving to work together to correct vehicle problems
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
We bought the vehicle, largely because it had been through this "rigid pre-certification". After the first few weeks we began to notice little things, the rear-window defroster wasn't working, the heaters in the seats on one side were defective, and one of the brake lights weren't working. We brought the car into the dealership and they "fixed" these things for us under the warranty.
A few months later, after realizing that the vehicle still didn't seem to be running as smoothly as it should be (but who are we, not mechanics ourselves, to doubt the "certified" inspection done on the vehicle?), so we asked a friend of ours (aa professional mechanic) to look at the rear tail lights again, and possibly the brakes, as we noticed a strange "locking up" every now and then at odd times when driving....Imaging our absolute shock and horror when he informed us that when he crawled under the vehicle and began checking things out, he came across:
1) Two dead rodents(and their nest), behind the engine - and, he added, "They had obviously been there a LONG time, by their smell and appearance;
2) The whole underside of the car is covered in dried cow manure, covered so much, in fact, that there was no way he could "hose it off" with a garden hose - we would need to use a Powerwasher;
3) He also noted that the rear bumper was hanging on by a thread, and could fall of at any time;
4) He noted that the car was veering to the left when driven, and the alignment was off;
5) The left side of the car, underneath and toward the rear-front of the vehicle had obviously been in an accident before, and left damage to the car that cannot easily be seen from looking at it from above;
6) The rear wiring on the vehicle is mangled and coming undone.
7) The brakes are so bad, that he cautioned us to not drive very far, as he couldn't tell how long they could last until they would possibly stop working altogether!
(and, by the way, one rear headlight has stopped working again - he checked it and said the wiring it "shorted" somewhere).
This is all he would even tell us for now, as we were so upset, and these were just his MAJOR points! He could not believe that anyone would sell a vehicle in this condition, and it has certainly NEVER gone through any type of inspection - period. (We also noted, when we had previously brought the vehicle back into the dealership, and the mechanic(s) obviously had to go underneath the vehicle and deal with the wiring at that time, why no mention of these things even then? No one disclosed ANY of the above information to us EVER - AT ANY TIME.
We have only driven this vehicle locally, to work and home each day, etc (approx 5 miles each way), and have only owned it since November, 2001. We cannot believe the extent of the damage to this vehicle and the outright fraud and dishonesty of Glen Grant Chevrolet. We will never shop for an auto there again, and we will be sure to dissuade any friends, relatives and acquaintances from going there, either, for their new cars.
We are in the process of writing a legal, certified letter to the owner of the company, and are consulting with an attorney, as well. When we came across another fraudulent claim regading Glen Grant, we could not let this pass by without letting it be known that they have been fraudulent in our sale, as well.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2002 01:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Glen-Grant-Chevrolet/Burien-Washington-98166/Glen-Grant-Chevrolet-ripoff-sold-us-a-lemon-claimed-it-went-through-a-rigid-pre-certif-22812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.