occurring

Glencara Irish Jewelry

Glencara Irish Jewelry Valentine's day disaster Internet

*Consumer Comment: Similar case, Day 2 Olean, New york

*UPDATE Employee: Glencara.com reply to case

I was thinking of a gift for my girlfriend on Valentines day. I decided to look for Jewelry from Ireland, as I love my hertitage I chose to purchase a Trinity knot bracelet. Now I purchased this bracelet 21 days before Valentine's day, they state on there site 4 days worldwide shipping to Canada and the U.S.

I waited and waited until the tenth day and decided to call, now mind you the time change for Ireland versus the U.S. business hours. For me it was 3am to 11am to call, which I did mulitple times a day for three days stright until I got someone on the fourth attempt in a row that particular day. They stated it had been sent and I told them it was a very important item as it was for Valentine's day. They assured me up and down that it would be there in time. February 10th I called and called and called but no answer. February 12th called and called and called, no answer. February 16th, 23 days after I purchased the gift and 2 days after Valentine's day with utter dissapointment and embrassment of recieving a gift from my girlfriend and not being able to provide one back. I wrote a e-mail and in responce they assured me that they sent the package and will send a second one to replace the lost one. Four days delivery right!......today is February 26th 2012......no gift?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2012 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Glencara-Irish-Jewelry/internet/Glencara-Irish-Jewelry-Valentines-day-disaster-Internet-844814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Glencara Irish Jewelry

Similar case, Day 2 Olean, New york

AUTHOR: Spaoletto v. Glencara - ()

I've made a similar purchase, for myself this holiday off of the Glencara Market. 14 ct white Gold covering a sterling silver.

It's a mens Irish Claddaugh Size 11 for less than 50.00 USD purchase and exchange. I charged my Visa Debit card (So i have solid record of the purchase, for returning securities) but my Paypal acct made an Error and sent the package to a previous Address on my file.

No doubt i could probably get the item from the other Address no worries if this is really that big of a deal, but reading consumer reports about this site; i'm more weary of my choices..

I cannot reach anyone with this seller to resolve my shippment issue or returning my cash, but i do feel strongly that this issue can be easily resolved! or i will be reporting this seller to my Financial institute.

Please contact me at your best interests,

(((redacted)))

Signed,

S. P J.r of

Olean, NY 14760

Glencara.com reply to case

AUTHOR: Glencara.com - (Ireland)

We are sorry to hear of the negative experiance received by this customer. We try to ensure cases like this are kept to a minimum but unfortunately they can happen. See below our policy statement and response to this particular case.
* We keep a stock of all our items so that they can be shipped within 24 hours
* Items generally take 3-5 days to the US & Canada. We test delivery times throughout the year and over 95% are received within this time frame.
* You can reach us toll free on the phone 1.00pm-9.00pm EST (8am-4pm irish time). Mon-Fri, outside of these hours you can leave a voicemail or send us an e-mail and we will respond within 24 hours.
* We guarantee delivery of all orders, in this instance we re-sent the order at no extra cost to the customer to ensure delivery. The cause of the problem was USPS. The order was placed 24th January and we shipped on the 25th January. We see a small number of orders that get delayed with USPS. In those cases we may re-ship the order to ensure a quicker delivery.

If you have any questions or concerns, we would love to hear from you, please e-mail us at sales@glencara.com or call us toll free on 1866 567 7451  1.00pm-9.00pm EST or you can leave a voicemail if calling outside that time.