Complaint Review: Glencara Irish Jewelry

• Submitted: Mon, December 24, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 10, 2013

• Reported By: Weedy — middle Tennessee United States of America
Glencara Irish Jewelry

Glencara Irish Jewelry glencara.com Had to threaten to report to VISA to get reply Galway Internet

*Consumer Comment: No answer or response

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We are very sorry for the delay

My college age grandaughter's greatest desire this Christmas was for a Claddagh ring - specifically one made in Ireland.  She lives in Kentucky.  I live in TN.  Since sterling silver tarnishes easily I ordered a solid white gold ring for her from Glencara because that was the nicest looking one I found on line anywhere which said that it was made in Ireland.  This was on December 8th - more than plenty of time for the promised 4 day air priority delivery which is promised on the company web site.

My VISA card was immediately charged for the ring by TDK Holdings LTD, whoever that is.  After waiting 9 days with no delivery and no notice of a tracking number I sent a polite email to Glencara.  The next day I received an automated response saying they were running 4 days behind on answering their email and if it was important I could phone or send another email marked "URGENT".  I did phone:  4 times.  The first time I was informed that their business hours are 3 AM to 11 AM my time.  OK.  Fine.

The next 3 times I phoned I got a recording saying only, "The party you are trying to reach is unavailable.  Please leave a message......"  OK.  I did that.  No response at all.

This time I sent another email marked URGENT, high priority, return receipt requested.  In this email I told them that if I did not hear from them within 24 hours I was going to report them to VISA for fraud, which I absolutely would have done.  This time I received a reply - slightly later than 24 hours later, but with only a few hours lapse.  In fact, it arrived about 5 minutes before I was ready to phone VISA.  No apology from the company.  They gave me a tracking number for regular Us Postal Service delivery, signature required and said the ring had been shipped on Dec 10th.

The package finally arrived in New York state for sorting and processing on December 18th and did arrive in Kentucky on the 21st.  I do not know yet what is in the package but "something" arrived.  I am hoping it is the ring, in solid gold, and the proper size.

I live in the South where things are pretty darned laid back but this kind of non-service is way beyond the pale for any place.

There is no way I will ever deal with this company again and would suggest that other people find any place else in the world to purchase Irish jewelry, even if it costs twice as much.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2012 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Glencara-Irish-Jewelry/internet/Glencara-Irish-Jewelry-glencaracom-Had-to-threaten-to-report-to-VISA-to-get-reply-Galway-986662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Glencara Irish Jewelry

No answer or response

AUTHOR: MattL51 - ()

I have just bought a set of wedding rings.  And it says on the site 9-14  days plus 2 days for free shipping.  I was charged very quickly but the company has yet to respond to any calls or emails. I may have to report them to the BBB in the USA and what ever is Irelands has for there businesses.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We are very sorry for the delay

AUTHOR: Glencara.com - (Ireland)

We are sorry to hear of the negative experience received by this customer. We try to ensure cases like this are
kept to a minimum but unfortunately they can happen. See below our policy statement and response to this particular case.

Christmas is our busiest time of year, we keep a stock of all our items so that they can be shipped within 24 hours. But as Christmas was so busy some of our items did run out of stock, as in this instance. The item ordered was out of stock in our Galway office and so it had to be sent from our warehouse in Guernsey, unfortunately fedex cannot operate from Guernsey. We had to send the order by USPS signature confirmation wuith a tracking number. We are so sorry for this error and delay and any inconvenience caused.

Items generally take 3-5 days to the US & Canada. We test delivery times throughout the year and over 95% are received within this time frame.  However at Christmas the postal services are at their busiest also and delays can happen that are outside of our control.

We are contactable by phone and email, but there can be a backlog in our emails at this time of year we do have an auto response letting customers know about that. You can reach us also toll free on the phone 3.00am-11.00am EST (8am-4pm irish time). Mon-Fri, outside of these hours you can leave a voicemail. We respond to all voicemails as long as
sufficient information is left so we can identify a customer.

If you have any questions or concerns, we would love to hear from you, please e-mail us at sales@glencara.com or call
us toll free on 1866 567 7451 3.00am-11.00am EST