Complaint Review: Glenn Porter - The Tax Consutants

• Updated: Thu, January 16, 2014

• Reported By: Al — Rio Rancho New Mexico
Glenn Porter - The Tax Consutants
116 South College Drive, Santa Maria, , California USA

Glenn Porter - The Tax Consutants in Individual Tax Return Preparer - Accountant Santa Maria, California

Beware of doing business with Glenn Porter of The Tax Consultants in Santa Maria, CA. He will leave you “high and dry” when you really need his help. I have been a loyal client of Glenn since the early1970’s and before there was even a “Tax Consultants”. A few years ago I took a job transfer to out of state but stuck with Glenn because of my good working relationship with Glenn. I asked Glenn through his receptionist when he was going to complete my 2011 return and she would only tell me that he said he was working on them and ”to keep my pants on”. Many, many emails, phone calls to his receptionist and postal mail to his office for the next two years resulted in no replies and acknowledgements. All I got was word from his receptionist that he was working on my tax returns. [continued below]....

..... Had he told me that he no longer wanted my business, I would have just found a new accountant, but he just led me on.

Early in 2012 I developed two rather serious tax problem that I needed Glenn’s help with. Glenn could have resolved the problems quite easily and promptly, but he kept telling me “to keep my pants on” and ignored my request for communication. These problems eventually got me in trouble with the IRS which has cost me a lot of unnecessary penalties.

I feel betrayed for my loyalties of all these years. In defense of Glenn I feel that his health and age may have gotten to him but his actions and non-actions have serious consequences when dealing with the IRS and he can no longer be depended upon.

Sorry Glenn but you have done me wrong!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Glenn-Porter-The-Tax-Consutants/Santa-Maria-California-93454/Glenn-Porter-The-Tax-Consutants-in-Individual-Tax-Return-Preparer-Accountant-Santa-Ma-1116033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Glenn Porter - The Tax Consutants