Complaint Review: Global Authority

• Updated: Mon, August 27, 2012

• Reported By: Greg — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Global Authority
2884 Devil's Glenn Road #388 Bettendorf, Iowa United States of America

Global Authority Accepted items submitted for grading, will not return or respond. Bettendorf, Iowa

*Author of original report: Attorney General follow-up

*Consumer Comment: A new way to contact Mr Werner

*Consumer Comment: Agreed.

*Author of original report: NOT enough!

*Consumer Comment: Global will send everything back

*Author of original report: PURSUE TO THE FULLEST

*Consumer Comment: Update

*General Comment: I spoke with Damion today

*Consumer Comment: Demian Werners Contact Info

*Consumer Comment: There is no building

*Author of original report: To Dave in Huntsville

*Consumer Comment: Drive to pick up

EXACTLY as with the individual in Wake Forest who reported on 7-20, Global Authority accepted my shipment of cards with a value of over $1,300.00 for grading. They received the cards on May 10.

Since May 10, I have called and emailed over a dozen times, but Global refuses to reply and refuses to return my items. And now, when I try to access "My Account" with Global online I get an automatic notice of "This connection is untrusted" and "www.globalauth.com uses an invalid security certificate".

Based on the many complaints filed against Global Authority with the Iowa Better Business Bureau, Global pulls this scam on a regular basis. I will be filing a consumer fraud complaint with the Iowa Attorney General's Office. I suggest that the victim in Wake Forest does the same.

I look forward to Global's reported move to Chicago. I live in Chicago and will be watching Global's new operation VERY CLOSELY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Authority/Bettendorf-Iowa-52722/Global-Authority-Accepted-items-submitted-for-grading-will-not-return-or-respond-Betten-918303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Authority

Attorney General follow-up

AUTHOR: Greg - (United States of America)

I have had follow-up with the Iowa Attorney General's Office and was told this interesting fact: Under the "Private Right of Action for Consumer Frauds Act", the defendant will have to pay YOUR attorney fees if you win. MORE encouragement to pursue Global Authority TO THE FULLEST!

A new way to contact Mr Werner

AUTHOR: Germinator - (United States of America)

Apparently he is a swim instructor. The email for him can be found on this site.

Agreed.

AUTHOR: Germinator - (United States of America)

Go after this scumbag at all costs. Once I get my item back, I'm taking him to small claims court for failure of services, my wasted time and distress. It probably won't go anywhere but it's worth it to get this scumbag running from the industry. If anyone finds his new shop, post it. Let's write every review we can on every site against this scumbag Werner. And MESSAGE him via Facebook. Let him know he won't be doing business anywhere else so don't bother trying.

Also reading that article about his goal was to give free grading to the public as his business model?? What a bunch of lies. I feel sorry for his wife Sally. She should be filing divorce as fast as possible.

NOT enough!

AUTHOR: Greg - (United States of America)

AGAIN, getting your items back (if this indeed happens) is NOT enough! Baker and Werner are nothing more then thieves that got busted! Simply returning the stolen items does not do the job, just a a burglar returning a stolen television does not get him off the hook.

In addition, and IF your cards are returned, be sure to CHECK THEM CLOSELY! Some of those returned to me do NOT look like the ones that I submitted (I am in the process of confirming this by comparing the cards that were returned to scans that I took). I would not be surprised to find that Werner/Baker substituted poorer grade cards for better grade submitted cards, and that the better grades end up in their rumored soon to come Chicago area card shop. This is an issue that I will be following-up on in my continuing correspondences with the Iowa Attorney General. Once my confirmation is complete, I will be making what I find (which at this point looks like it will be considerable) part of both criminal and civil lawsuits that I am planning.

DO NOT stop the pursuit of Global Authority simply because your items are returned (if that happens). The return is only because Global Authority got caught in a scam! The return does not change the fact that Werner and Baker are scammers, and Werner and Baker need to pay the price and be closed to prevent future scamming!

Global will send everything back

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

Hi Guys, I just read the below link of a news story that was done in IA on Global.  Bottom line, supposedly they will mail everyone's items back by next Wednesday.

PURSUE TO THE FULLEST

AUTHOR: Greg - (United States of America)

EVERYONE who has fallen victim to Werner/Baker/Global Authority MUST pursue this matter to the FULLEST! You owe it to yourself AND the hobby! To simply accept the return of your items after a long and difficult struggle just is not enough. You have invested a BUNCH of time, trouble, and dollars in your chase and scammers Werner/Baker/Global Authority need to compensate accordingly. Scammers Werner/Baker/Global Authority also need to be stopped from REPEATEDLY pulling this scam. Sure, if you chase hard enough you may get your items back. But what about those that just don't know how to go about chasing the scammers? Their items most likely remain with scammers Werner/Baker/Global, and the scammers reap the rewards!
 WERNER/BAKER/GLOBAL AUTHORITY NEED TO BE STOPPED, AND NOW!

I will be following-up with the Iowa Attorney General today. The primary topic will be closing Werner/Baker/Global Authority down. Should Werner/Baker/Global Authority be shut down, I WILL be watching for signs of reorganizing under a different name. Once I find such activity, I will start my chase to close them all over again. I AM DEDICATED to this!

PURSUE TO THE FULLEST! I assure you that I will be doing just that!

Update

AUTHOR: Germinator - (United States of America)

That's great news you got your stuff coming back. I was just sending in my letter from CA small claims saying he has 10 days to respond and low and behold, that morning I get the first ever email from them saying they have my item and will be shipping I back shortly. I am not holding my breath but finally after calls, emails, BBB filing, attorney general filing. I get some movement. What a bunch of jerks. This isn't over.

#8 General Comment

I spoke with Damion today

AUTHOR: tamain - (United States of America)

Hey Fellas just wanted to follow up with the last post with his info. I spoke with Damion today and he said he is shipping my items tomorrow Fedex. I dont know if this will happen or not but here is the number he answered on 563-823-8344. Good luck if I hear anything else I will post I ask you to do the same.

Demian Werners Contact Info

AUTHOR: Germinator - (United States of America)

Same thing has happened to me by this scumbag. The other poster put up what looks to be his contact info. They even got a hold of him by cell phone. And he is also on facebook. I messaged him there but of course have not heard back. I have filled BBB, Iowa Attorney General and now CA Small Claims court against this scumbag. I think messaging all his friends on facebook about what a good guy he is is the next step. Get him guys!

Now, I may have found Demian Werner's personal phone number and address which I encourage all other victims to use. Bug him, and make sure his family knows about his wrongdoings. Phone number is 563-514-3181 and address is 1021 Carriage Place Dr, Bettendorf, IA 52722-6362.

There is no building

AUTHOR: tamain - (United States of America)

Hey fellas I am in the same boat. I called the UPS on Devils Glen Rd. in Bettendorf, Iowa, 52722 and asked if they knew of a company named GAI or Global Auth. Then manager said yes they have a box with us and pick up about every other day. They dont have a building. Its just a mailbox. I had her put a slip of paper in the box with my number and Guess what no call at all. No answer to my emails not calls back from voice mails. I submitted in June and no answer yet I have about 1200 in card value.

To Dave in Huntsville

AUTHOR: Greg - (United States of America)

If Global Authority does not answer the phone or reply to emails, I doubt very much if they allow access to their office. I can't afford to waste 5 hours of driving round trip. Besides, these people need to be dealt with PERMANENTLY. The best way to do this is through the Attorney General's office. With the growing complaints, I do believe that the Attorney General will act. Should the Attorney General ask that I appear in Iowa, then I WILL (and with GREAT pleasure) make the trip. I want not only my cards but I VERY MUCH want Global Authority SHUT DOWN and I will do ANYTHING to shut them down. The hobby doesn't need this scamming. I suggest that you get your complaint filed with the Iowa Attorney General (Tim Miller, consumer fraud division). Stay in touch!

Drive to pick up

AUTHOR: Dave - (United States of America)

Hi Greg,

I am Dave from Huntsville and filed the same problem.  Have you considered driving to Global Authority to pick your items up?  It looks like Chicago is just about 2-1/2 hours away down I88 to Bettendorf.  I even considered it and I am in Alabama.  I wandered if they had the doors locked or if the place looked like it was still in business.  Thanks, Dave