Complaint Review: Global Benefits - Superior Benefits

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2004

• Reported By:Santee California
Global Benefits - Superior Benefits
10A Walnut D15 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Global Benefits/Superior Benefits ripoff! Credit card scam. Champlain New York *UPDATE... Global Benefits working hard to correct problems in customer service, offering refunds, company executives want all customers to be 100% satisfied

I also have the same old story of being contacted by this company which posed as Bank of America. They promised a credit card (unsecured) with a one-time fee of $299.00 which could be taken out of the credit card when received with a PIN#! This is another case of my husband and I recovering from my loss of job due to a disability and trying to reestablish credit and living on a fixed income.

The storyline is so identical to all the others, (along with the dates starting in October to current) on this website; with trying to get our money refunded, waiting for a package that contained nothing other than junk, that I can't believe it. I have written the Assemblyman for the District, Chris Orloff, the Better Business Bureau in Upstate New York, and The State of New York Attorney General's office. We finally received a call from Global Benefits on 1/9/04 and they said they would give us a refund if we returned the package. They, in turn, would refund our money within 7-10 business days.

Global Benefit's rep, Scott, asked for our checking account number to debit us back. I don't think so! We demanded a check sent to us. We have, of course, closed the other checking account. Well, I thought it just might happen, but it hasn't happened yet. I called New York's Attorney General's office today (1/29/04) and they said that the company had assured them that our case had been resolved and money was returned. Attorney General's office will send out another letter to them, but since they are not in the United States, but a Canadian based business, they can't really do much.

Now, what?! I thought this nightmare was over. Can we, as another person suggested, do a class action suit against this company? Who can I contact in Canada? Thank you for this website. Unfortunately, for most of us we still are at least $299.00 short each day.

Larry & judy
Santee, California

CLICK HERE to see how World Benefits contacts Rip-off Report, stating they will give REFUNDS to unsatisfied customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2004 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Benefits-Superior-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Global-BenefitsSuperior-Benefits-ripoff-Credit-card-scam-Champlain-New-York-UPDATE-78527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Benefits - Superior Benefits