Complaint Review: Global-Connections

5360 College Blvd., Suite 200 Overland Park, Kansas United States of America

Global-Connections Global Connections inc Vacation Scam Overland Park, Kansas

*Consumer Comment: Other side of the story

*Consumer Comment: Global Connections

Spent 2 hours hearing how wonderful the package is.  After purchase found out the real story! Every time we tried to schedule a vacation they could not find what we wanted. Asked for a Cabin in the northern US and were only given a common condo on a gulf coarse.  Tried to go to Sweden and then was told they only do tours outside of the US.  No lodging available! Still trying to get my money back. Reps ignore us and will not escalate calls to supervisors.  Now working on getting the CFO and President

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Connections/Overland-Park-Kansas-66211/Global-Connections-Global-Connections-inc-Vacation-Scam-Overland-Park-Kansas-977298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global-Connections

Other side of the story

AUTHOR: Jeff - ()

My wife and I have been members for 8 yrs and we LOVE our program. If you've recently become a member and are questioning your decision, DON'T!  To help put your mind at ease, I'd like to address a few of the complaints addressed on this board:

1)  Most of the complaints are about the "free gifts".  I'm not sure what people were expecting in exchange for sitting through a 90 min. presentation, but it simply isn't reasonable to believe the travel gift will be unrestricted.  We joined because the program will allow us to travel in style for the rest of our lives (and our kids' lives, and our grandkids' lives, and .........) ; not for the stupid gift.  If you use these complaints as the reason to cancel your membership, you were LOOKING for an excuse to cancel and probably shouldn't have joined in the first place.

2)  Our representative explained they CAN'T show us all of the resorts because they access many of the resorts through exchange companies.  They never know what is/will be available the week we want &/or the size we want until we make our request.  Tell them where, when and a "description" of the type of property you want (big/small, adult only/kid friendly, near a landmark, etc.) and they'll show you your options.  In my opinion, the resorts range from 3.5 Stars to 4.5 Stars.  The great thing is, you don't pay unless they offer you a property you're happy with!

3)  When was the last time you saw a "resort" in a major metropolitan area like Chicago or New York?  If that's the ONLY way you travel, this probably isn't the right program for you.  But if some of your vacations are to resort locations, you can stay in a condo for a fraction of the cost of an average hotel room.

For those of you who complain, what is your hotel going to cost you next year?  5 yrs from now?  10, 20, 30 yrs from now?  You don't know do you????  That's too bad.  I do!

Global Connections

AUTHOR: Mytgengs - (United States of America)

I too am interested on how to "get out" of this useless "opportunity".  I just found your site.  I was scammed almost 2 years ago and am still paying.  I don't care about the money already lost.  I just want to know how I can stop paying the balance "owed" without negative credit repercussions.