Complaint Review: Global Directory of Who's Who

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Ed — Asheville area North Carolina United States of America
Global Directory of Who's Who
4250 Veterans Highway, Suite 2050 Holbrook, New York United States of America

Global Directory of Who's Who High pressure, deceptive sales pitch, and lying about impossibility to cancel membership Holbrook, New York

I received a pleasant, but high pressure call to become a member of the Global Who's Who directory. Like a dummy, a went ahead and gave my credit card info, before looking further into it. I was told that I must make the decision now, while on the phone, with lots of reasons they have to do it that way. Within 2 hours, I requested cancellation - due to realizing the mistake I had made.

I was told that they Can Not cancel my membership, that it was impossible, and offered to extend the time period from 2 to 4 years of membership. Then I looked online at all the scam reports for this company, and wrote them that if they don't cancel and refund my full payment, I'll report the scam to my credit card company and they will refund me and pursue an investigation. I soon got a call, and now they could cancel the membership and refund me immediately. So if you get stuck in membership like I did, just let them know you will dispute the charge with your card company, and you will get prompt cancellation. They were not rude, just good liars.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Directory-of-Whos-Who/Holbrook-New-York-11741/Global-Directory-of-Whos-Who-High-pressure-deceptive-sales-pitch-and-lying-about-impos-1014231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Directory of Who's Who