Complaint Review: Global Discovery Vacations

• Updated: Mon, February 18, 2013

• Reported By: CheatedinChicago — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Global Discovery Vacations
5360 College Blvd., Ste. 200 Overland, Kansas United States of America

Global Discovery Vacations Global Connections hot box sales techniques cheat prospects: DO NOT ATTEND PRESENTATION! Overland, Kansas

I am embarrassed to admit, like most scam victims, that I was suckered into a purchase I later regretted. Yes, there was a three-day window after signing paperwork that I could have cancelled the contract, but I was still in shock, unwilling to admit I'd been suckered.

When I called the company to cancel the membership, there wasvery little concern or support or even a willingness to dialogue about the situation. I'm told that after I've paid my $5,200 membership fee, then I can sell it. That is an unacceptable proposition. Nine months later, after paying $150/month on this "membership," my spouse has been laid off her job and we can't handle the monthly payment, half of which goes toward the interest on the loan!

I am beginning my efforts again after months of not facing up to the challenge. I plan phone calls, pickets and seek support from an attorney willing to take this on.

The hot box sales technique is a high pressure method that makes the product sound irresistible. The presentation is made by a very skilled pitchman, and upon its conclusion, you are herded into another room and each family is seated with a sales rep. More incentives and lowered costs and extra bonuses are added and it becomes harder to resist the tidal wave. The final kicker: an annoucement was made that the first family to sign up would get another $2,000 off their membership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Discovery-Vacations/Overland-Kansas-66211/Global-Discovery-Vacations-Global-Connections-hot-box-sales-techniques-cheat-prospects-DO-1016281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Discovery Vacations