Complaint Review: Global Escapes

• Submitted: Thu, April 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 16, 2009

• Reported By:Lakeway Texas
Global Escapes
8911 Capital Of Texas HWY Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Global Escapes sad but true Austin Texas

I purchased a membership with GlobalEscapes back in November of 2006 for 7,245.00$. I have not been able to acquire accomodations at the places that I or my husband or the two of us travel. We travel all over the world frequently but somehow, there is never anything available when we are "on the road".

Finally we tried recently to book a mini vacation on a cruise out of Galveston, afterall, we have 3000$ in cruise rewards! The end result for a 7 day cruise would've been a grand total savings from Global Escapes for... 84.00!! out of a 2500.00$ cruise.

So, I thought, let me call my travel manager (as told by them to do for help). I pulled out my global escapes binder, see the business cards for Steve Nalty and Billy Brown, dial the (512) 492-6530 # and surprise, "no longer in service". So, I call the 800 #, no live person to talk to, yet. I did use the short notice getaway once, stayed in an off beat place in Florida (all that was available). When I think what I could have used the 7245.00 + 200.00/yr added membership fees (total 7645.00) for I feel sick.

I thought maybe we can sell this membership, so as I started to investigate the possibilty of that. I came upon the BBB complaints and these ripoff complaints as well. I won't spread this poor business practice to any other unknowing soul. We now will go through the belabored hoops to cancel our membership. I see from others, this is not accomplished by merely stopping payments like they said so I'll just get the registered letters in the mail.

Thanks to all who have written. I learned a lot from all of you and will never let myself fall for this travel club scam again.

Mike
Lakeway, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2009 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Escapes/Austin-Texas-78734/Global-Escapes-sad-but-true-Austin-Texas-444044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Escapes