Complaint Review: Global Escapes

• Submitted: Fri, March 22, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: Jenny — San Antonio Texas
Global Escapes
1102 E. Sonterra Blvd Suite 100 San Antonio, TX 78 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Global Escapes Got a postcard in mail promising me free airfare in US: called them, had to listen to high pressure sales talk @ a seminar, gave me gift card for free gas which didn't work, payed them $6,000 for chea San Antonio, Texas

I'm complaining about Global Escapes. I found out about this company when I received a postcard from them promising free airfare anywhere in the US. My husband and I were in the process of planning a vacation to Florida, so I called the phone number on the postcard. I was told that we needed to attend their seminar to get the free airfare, and we attended their seminar.

The seminar was a high pressure sales tactic to sell us computer software so that we could book "Luxury Condo Weeks", "Hotel Rewards", and "Cruise Rewards" all over the world. We decided to purchase their package since we love to travel and wanted to stay in nice places when we did. I payed $6,000 to them, plus $200 for the next three years. We were also given a gas card to use which turned out was useless.

We experienced the "Luxury Condos" were really old run down time-shares. Now Gobal Escapes is no longer operating and we have payed them a large amount of money because we were promised something that we didn't receive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Escapes/San-Antonio-Texas-78258/Global-Escapes-Got-a-postcard-in-mail-promising-me-free-airfare-in-US-called-them-had-1037067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Escapes