Complaint Review: Global Financial Group

Global Financial Group
35 DANTA GLOBA ST Kiev, Other Ukraine

Global Financial Group; Janet Williams Possible PayPal scam Kiev Nationwide

*Author of original report: Global Financial Group Janet Williams

I received a job offer through Career Builder from Global Financial Group. They must have smartened up because there were not typos in the email. I clicked a link to have them email me an application and job description, and one of their questions on the link was how I preferred to be paid. I chose PayPal because I know it is relatively safe and I can let the money sit indefinitely and it will not hurt my bank account.

I received money today, after having done NO work. I emailed back asking what my job is, since I never filled out an application, accepted a position, or saw a job description. I was told that I was to take the money from PayPal, put it into my checking account, and issue a check to a "Company Representative" that has yet to be identified.

Concerned with this being a ripoff, as I have seen affect family and friends in the past, I started searching the internet and cannot find anything that sounds remotely like this company as well as no information about Janet Williams. I am letting the money sit in my PayPal account for a while to be sure that this is real.

I am concerned with this being some sort of money laundering outfit, or some other type of ripoff. The money is really there in my PayPal account, but am afraid to touch it. My father almost got scammed when he received a check in the mail and was asked to cash it, issue a new check, and send it to another address. In this scam, the original check bounces.

I wonder why this company needs me to pay their representative and cannot do so themselves.

Anjelmoon
Desert, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2008 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Financial-Group/Kiev-Other/Global-Financial-Group-Janet-Williams-Possible-PayPal-scam-Kiev-Nationwide-344299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Financial Group

Global Financial Group Janet Williams

AUTHOR: Anjelmoon - (U.S.A.)

I received another email today requesting I Western Union the money to the Ukraine. When I asked for an EIN and contact information, I was met with hostility and threats of termination from a job I never accepted. Then Ms. Williams proceeds to tell me that the company will share information with me after a 30 trial period in which I prove myself. BTW, sent in a tip on the FBI website, and was contacted back by the FBI confirming this is a scam to get money from you. BEWARE!!