Complaint Review: Global Hardwood Floors

• Submitted: Fri, December 30, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, December 30, 2011

• Reported By: Buyer801 — salt lake city Utah U.S.A.
Global Hardwood Floors
174 W 4800 S #9, Murray, UT 84107 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Global Hardwood Floors Global Hardwood Floors Lies and Puts Your Family's Health in Jeopardy Salt Lake City, Utah

My wife and I paid Global Hardwood Floors of Murray Utah over $1,300 to refinish the floors of two rooms using water-based polyurethane. We have a child and did not feel comfortable about using a oil-based polyurethane. We spoke with Sergio (one of the owners) who said that he would use the water based polyurethane and gave us a quote with the water based polyurethane. I arrived home after they were finished with the first room and my entire house stunk of oil. My wife and I had to sleep with every window in our house open in the middle of a Utah winter. The next day my wife spoke with the people the Sergio had sent to refinish the second room and they said that Sergio told them to use an oil-based polyurethane on the first room so they did. They said that they would do the second room in a water-based polyurethane and had Sergio call my wife. Sergio denied that an oil-based polyurethane was used in the first room and said that his own workers did not know what they were talking about. All the while the workers that Sergio had sent down were speaking in Spanish about how my wife and I have a child and were worried about the oil-based polyurethane. My wife speaks Spanish and picked up on their conversation. So either Sergio of Global Hardwood Floors lied to my wife or his workers do not know what they are taking about.  But judging the way the second room smelled after it was finished Sergio of Global Hardwood Floors lied to us. The second room had almost no smell to it. I called and left a message to Sergio of Global Hardwood Floors and he has yet to return my call. And to top it off, now the number listed on the web site http://www.globalhardwoodfloorsonline.com says the mail box has not been setup. Avoid Global Hardwood Floors of Murray Utah at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2011 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Hardwood-Floors/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84107/Global-Hardwood-Floors-Global-Hardwood-Floors-Lies-and-Puts-Your-Familys-Health-in-Jeopa-815905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Hardwood Floors