Complaint Review: Global Industrial Water

• Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: Paul Lynn — Buford Georgia United States of America
Global Industrial Water
6027 East Highway 82 Gainesville, Texas United States of America

Global Industrial Water Charles Solomon Global Industrial water Refuses to Pay Smaller Vendors as Agreed ,South African Company Operating from Texas Office, Gainesville, Texas

*Author of original report: Global Industrial Water Responds With Threatening Emails After Posting Complaint on Ripoff Report

*UPDATE Employee: The publishing of this article constitutes a violation of the terms of a signed and executed NDA..

Global Industrial Water, a South African company operating out of an office in Gainesville, Texas, contracted me through a manager named Charles Solomon in May, 2012 to compose a graphic for publication in a trade journal (Journal of Petroleum Technology).

The agreement was that I would bill them $20/hr. for the work performed.

By the end of the four-day engagement, I had sent Charles four different drafts according to his specifications, and end the end, he decided he didn't like any of them and asked me to invoice him.

The total labor over four days came up to 17 hours, for an invoice total of $340.  After the 30 days expired, I sent a couple of reminders, and he never paid.

Ultimately, Charles Solomon flat out refused to pay, accusing me of 'inflating the hours.'

Here is a transcript of some of our emails:

First, he agreed to pay:

Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:04 PM
To: 'Paul Lynn'; 'Kaye'

Paul,
Thank you for your work.
It seems we are probably giving you conflicting needs so if you would send your bill I will take care of it. We will soldier on with our own design.

Thanks again,

Cell: + 214-212-1676
www.globalindustrialwater.com
charles@globalindustrialwater.com

If Produced Water is your
business, consider joining the Produced Water Society.

Three months later, he still had not paid, so I inquired:

From: Paul Lynn
[mailto:sopenco@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:27 PM
To: 'Charles Solomon'
Cc: Kaye (kaye@globalindustrialwater.com)

Hi, Charles,
As of today, I have not yetreceived payment on invoice #0015 that I sent you on 5/17 of this year.  I would like to know what I can do on my end to resolve this.

Hope this finds you and Kaye doing well!

Cheers,
Paul

At first, Charles Solomon tried to RESTATE the terms of our arrangement:

Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:32 PM
To: Paul Lynn
Cc: Kaye
Subject: Re: GIW PRESENTATION SHOWING MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY VS VACUUM

Hi Paul,

As of today I have not received the discussed artwork. It seemed that our ideas did not coalesce and I doubt whether we will get on the same page.

Charles Solomon,
Global Industrial Water Inc.

So I reminded him exactly what he had agreed to:

From: Paul Lynn
[mailto:paullynn07@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 2:40 PM
To: 'Charles Solomon'
Cc: 'Kaye'

Subject: RE: GIW PRESENTATION SHOWING MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY VS VACUUM TOWER.

Hi, Charles,

If youll refer to the email I sent you on 5/11, it specified that my billing is based on my hours of labor.  I bill myself out at $20/hour no matter what work Im doing, so any fee would really just be a matter of how much needs to be done.

I understand you were not satisfied with the work I did, however on 5/16 I sent you three drafts, and on 5/17 I sent you two more, which more than validate the time (labor) for which Ive invoiced you.

Additionally, Ive offered you the PSD (project file) of the work I did, which you have yet to acknowledge.  If you want that, as per my previous request, I simply need to know if youd like me to transmit via FTP or Dropbox.

Lastly, you acknowledged the obligation to remit payment in your email on 5/17 which read as follows:

Paul,

Thank you for your work.

It seems we are probably giving you conflicting needs so if you would send your bill I will take care of it. We will soldier on with our own design.

Thanks again,
Charles Solomon
President/Consulting Engineer

As of right now, what do you need from me for you to make payment?

Cheers,
Paul

At which time he accused me of inflating my hours, changing his justification for not paying what he had agreed yet again:

Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:09 AM
To: Paul Lynn
Cc: Kaye

Subject: Re: GIW PRESENTATION SHOWING MEMBRANE TECHNOLOGY VS VACUUM TOWER.

Yes Paul I said send your bill not expecting you to try and charge for unworked hours which you obviously did.

Charles Solomon,

Global Industrial Water Inc.

I would advise to any vendor that you demand payment up front if you choose to do business with this South African company, and to any would-be customers, as most of their designs have little to no actual time in field, I'd also exercise caution being their guinea pigs!

As of December 4, 2012, Charles Solomon and Global Industrial Water have not paid their bill of $340.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 04:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Industrial-Water/Gainesville-Texas-76240/Global-Industrial-Water-Charles-Solomon-Global-Industrial-water-Refuses-to-Pay-Smaller-Ven-978025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Industrial Water

AUTHOR: Paul Lynn - (United States of America)

In response to my posting this on Ripoff Report, I received the following email communication from Kaye Perioli, Chief Administrative Officer of Global Industrial Water:

From: Kaye
[mailto:kaye@globalindustrialwater.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:34 PM
To: 'Paul Lynn'

TOWER.

Your email has been received and its contents noted.

Please be advised that your actions have violated the terms of the Non-Disclosure Agreement which was executed and effective on May 12, 2012 by and between Global Industrial Water and Paul Lynn.

The matter has therefore been handed over to our attorneys.

Kaye Perioli
Chief Administrative Officer

Global Industrial Water

AUTHOR: ineptitude - (United States of America)

The publishing of this article constitutes a violation of the Non-Disclosure Agreement executed between the two parties on May 12th, 2012.