Complaint Review: Global Living

• Submitted: Tue, November 02, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 02, 2004

• Reported By:Spokane Washington
Global Living
155 Main St. Suite 1 Massena, New York U.S.A.

Global Living - Nadine Media USA - Gloving Overture Media - Global - Global Mags And Lifestyle ripoff, High pressure, rude and threatning callers. Massena New York

Global Living has been making threatening calls for payments regarding Magazines I did not order. I have been getting these calls every other month. I told them on the phone that I didn't want their services. They said I couldn't cancel and had no choice.Apparently I ordered them more than 5 years ago, but they couldn't tell me what I had ordered.

This person told me that I needed to have 29.95 in my checking account so they could electronicly withdraw this amount to get these last 3 payments taken care of, and then they would give me an address to send the other 2 payments by money order through the mail. He would NOT let me send the first payment by mail. I was forced to give my credit card number through the phone.

I was led to beleive that if I paid the final three payments I would be left alone. However, by credit card continued to be billed for 29.95 each month until October when I switched the number being aware that I was ripped off. In September I have recieved magazines I didn't even order or even want on subjects that I am not even interested in.

I wrote to the company to cancel, hoever they continued with the shippments and billing. I have also recieved more threatning calls on the 23 and 24th . I have said that I wrote a letter of cancelation and for them to leave me alone. I recived a notice from them regarding my letter of cancelation saying instead that my "payment" was declined and to call to make the payment, which I did not.

I contacted my own states Attourney General's office and the Better Business Beureu and I am also in the process of contacting the NY attoney General's office and the FTC on this matter since I have read about several complaints against this company. They must be stopped.

Even though it would be very nice to get a refund for the total $149.75 - $269.65 I paid on my credit card, I would also like for them to stop with the magazines, threatning calls and billings.

The company has been contacting me every other month since March of 2004.

Spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2004 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Living/Massena-New-York-13662-1174/Global-Living-Nadine-Media-USA-Gloving-Overture-Media-Global-Global-Mags-And-Lifes-115781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Living