Complaint Review: Global Living

• Updated: Fri, August 12, 2005

• Reported By:naperville Illinois
Global Living
155 Main Street Montreal, Quebec Canada

Global Living, Honeybee Media, Pleasure Time Reader's Service ripoff, scam, deceptive telemarketing practices, threatens law suit Massena Quebec Montreal Quebec and New York

Had I known about the rip off report before this morning i would not be writing this. About six months ago I signed up for the Pleasure Time Reader's magazine service. After recieving my confirmation I saw that the monthly charge was $70 and filled out the cancellation form on the back and sent in within the specified time period. Well, they wouldn't let me cancel and said they had already paid for the magazines. finally, I arranged a deal and paid a lump sum of $300 and my account was actually closed.

Today i recieved a call from Global Living who stated that I owed two payments of 29.95. I told them I had cancelled six months ago and they asked for my confirmation number. I do not have it. I got into an argument with a very rude man after he told me that I owed two payments of 50.00. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he stated he was one and didn't I hear myself being transferred to him? Well I told him this was ridiculous and that he didn't know how to do his job. He proceeded to tell me that he would send "The paper work" (whatever that is) in the mail and I should then give it to my lawyer. I was shocked. Then he read me my check routing number in order to cancel my account and recorded me saying yes...I was saying yes to confirming my cancellation but after reading this web site I know I only confirmed another terrible magazine scam. I am cancelling my bank account tomorrow to avoid all problems and if they call me again I am contacting everyone I can to complain and get this scam center shut down!

Rena
naperville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2005 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Living/Montreal-Quebec/Global-Living-Honeybee-Media-Pleasure-Time-Readers-Service-ripoff-scam-deceptive-tele-153505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Living