Complaint Review: Global Mail Room

• Updated: Mon, November 22, 2010

• Reported By: melissa — hamilton Ontario Canada
Global Mail Room
Berkeley Square, mayfair, London, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Global Mail Room Globalmailroom, global mailroom "Email Sorter" Scam! London, United Kingdom

*Author of original report: Global Mail Room Scam Update

I signed up to be a "mail sorter" on their website and paid a $65 upfront fee.

I recieved an email from my new "personal manager" who told me that, unfortunately there was no work available at the moment (even though their website says there is always work) but I was going to be assigned to a 'contract' in 2 months.

It had already been a month since I had paid the fee (which was 'guaranteed' to be returned to me) After several unanswered emails, I tried one last time and just asked her to please tell me if this was some kind of scam so I could stop wasting my time, I immediately recieved an email back that was a "forward" to all the employed mail sorters, even though my email was the only one on the recipient list.

In the email she told "us" she was having problems accessing her email and that the "IT guys" are working on fixing it, but in the meantime she can read, but wont be able to respond to any emails.

I responded asking for an alternate email address, or a phone number I could contact her at.  Its been a week and I still haven't heard anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2010 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Mail-Room/London-Select-StateProvince-W1J-6BD/Global-Mail-Room-Globalmailroom-global-mailroom-Email-Sorter-Scam-London-United-Kingd-654741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Mail Room

Global Mail Room Scam Update

AUTHOR: melissa - (Canada)

well the date of the big "contract" I was supposed to start working on has come and gone without one single email, and my "personal manager" is apparently still having problems accessing emails (I recieved the exact same fwd. I recived last time when I emailed her a few minutes ago).

This is a SCAM! Don't even think about signing up, you'll just be wasting $65