allowances

1200 Bay St. Suite 100 Ottawa, Ontario Canada
  • Phone: 905-920-8982
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Global Marketing Services, Inc Mailed $7400.00 check with realistic letter asking me to be a Secret Shopper by depositing the check, then transfering the money to them within 48 hrs. Ottawa Ontario

I received a very realistic letter in the mail today with a real check for $7400.00 from a company called Global Marketing Services, Inc out of Canada. It said that I had been selected to be a Secret Shopper, and to call them to activate the check and begin my 1st assignment. I was to cash the check at my bank, then transfer the money to them with a money gram, keeping $1000. of it as my payment. The name of the account on the check is Fairleigh Dickinson Managment, 1003 River Road, Teaneck, NJ 07666. It was for Commerce Bank.

I called Commerce Bank and they verified that is a real company with a checking account in their bank.
I called the company, but they never authorized any such check, so if I had cashed it, as soon as my bank found out they would not pay it, I would have been stuck for the $7400.00, which is why they say to transfer the money within 48 hours of cashing it.

I then did a google search and found this website with similiar scams. Thank GOD I did not fall for it, or it would have ruined me, since I don't have a penny to my name as it is.

Teri
Klamath Falls, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2008 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Marketing-Services-Inc/Ottawa-Ontario-M7A-2E2/Global-Marketing-Services-Inc-Mailed-740000-check-with-realistic-letter-asking-me-to-be-377802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Marketing Services, Inc