Complaint Review: Global Media Advertising

• Updated: Sat, March 08, 2014

• Reported By: poodles427 — Chagrin Falls Ohio United States of America
Global Media Advertising
Beaver, Colorado Beaver, Colorado United States of America

Global Media Advertising They called me and told me they were looking for a Realtor in Chagrin Falls, Ohio and that for $29.95 for the first month I could get two areas and would be on yahoo etc. They took my credit card info Beaver, Colorado

*General Comment: Tried calling and googling for site

*General Comment: Global Media Advertising

*UPDATE Employee: Have you tried calling?

*UPDATE Employee: Have you tried calling?

This company called & gave me a very credible story about the opportunity they were offering me to advertise me as the Only Realtor at the top of the page on Yahoo and several other websites.
They were also going to build me a website at no charge and that I would be so happy with the new business that I would get from this.  This would cost me $29.95 for the first month and would renew on the 19th of each month and if I want to cancel I would have to do it by the 16th of the month.
They Never sent me an e-mail to confirm but they did, of course debit my account. I am filing a report with my bank. Beware...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 06:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Media-Advertising/Beaver-Colorado-/Global-Media-Advertising-They-called-me-and-told-me-they-were-looking-for-a-Realtor-in-Ch-915326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Media Advertising

#1 General Comment

Tried calling and googling for site

AUTHOR: Geoff - ()

Had exactly the same problem with them. difference was they started with an ad on Big that would have guaranteed me results. Only reply in 2 months was a question from a buyer !500 miles away who had no interest in my state.

They then offered to do the Realtor website over the weekend and call me with link following Monday. That was six months ago, and i've never heard from them even thouugh they started debiting my account that day.

Their confirmation email was last i've heard and they don't allow replies. Repeated calls have left me on hold for hours with no one to talk to or even leave a message with. Googling my name with "Real Estate" produces nothing new.

Googling the company produces many more complaints like mine...

#2 General Comment

Global Media Advertising

AUTHOR: Sammy - (USA)

I had a similar situation as this person.  They called me on 1/29/13 and offered me the program.  I requested they give me a min. of 3 local references from realtors using the services.  They said due to confidentiallity they would not provide references.

They also told me they have 22K plus realtors using their service and 98% retention.  I have to say I got suspicious when they hesitated to provide references.  Im sure out of the 98% clients they have.  At least 2 of them would be more then happy to provide a reference if they are that happy with their services.

All the company wanted to do was direct me to the website and show me recommendations that were made in their website.

Im sorry, But I do not buy anthing without validating the service is good.  Needless to say,  I did not buy their service and Im sorry to hear that this consumer was not properly taken care of.

Have you tried calling?

AUTHOR: TyPhelps - (United States of America)

What most likely happened is that, since this company sends out thousands of emails a day, it was flagged as spam by your email provider and either sent to your spam folder or blocked completely. Instead of wasting your time filing a frivolous report with your bank that you are going to lose, why don't you just call the company? Have you even checked for your ads online? I guarantee you they are there. Grow up and handle things like an adult.

Have you tried calling?

AUTHOR: TyPhelps - (United States of America)