Complaint Review: Global Medical

• Submitted: Sat, January 25, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, January 25, 2003

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Global Medical
197 Route 18, Suite 3000 East Brunswick, New Jersey U.S.A.

Global Medical rip-off East Brunswick New Jersey

My daughter had $359.00 deducted from her checking account with out permission by Global Medical. She received a phone call from "Gwen" a Global Representative talking to her about health benefits. During this conversation the Global Rep asked if she was to take the benefit plan how would she want to pay for it, monthly or quarterly?

My daughter stated "I guess yearly". The Rep had my daughter's ssn and knew her bank institution and within a week $359.00 was taken from her acct. My daughter thought it was kind of strange, but had just started a good job and thought that maybe her new job had asked them to call since she would be getting benefits. My daughter is 18 years old.

On two occasion we got through to "Gwen" at Global requesting the money back, because my daughter didn't want the health plan. Gwen stated it would take 10-90 days for a refund that was back in October/November. We have tried to contact Global at least 50 times hoping to get through. The phone is now disconnected

I have filed complaints with the BBB, Federal trade commision, I have contact our local TV station (they need a good number and they would try to help), the local police, the Attorney General of IN and NJ. No luck recovering the money, she maybe out the $359.00.

Marylee
Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2003 05:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Medical/East-Brunswick-New-Jersey-08816/Global-Medical-rip-off-East-Brunswick-New-Jersey-42805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Medical