Complaint Review: Global Modular

• Updated: Wed, July 03, 2013

• Reported By: melindasue321 — Wilmington North Carolina
Global Modular
Internet USA

Global Modular I received a letter in the mail telling me to deposit the check enclosed into my bank account. In turn when the check clears I was to keep $350 for my pay & use the rest for being a secret shopper. Well the check was drawn on PNC bank. I was a little suspicious so I went to the local PNC, next thing I know the police where there because it was a forged check! Luckily I had the letter that I received with me, because I could have gotten in a lot of trouble had I deposited it as stated on the letter. Their is a real company in New Jersey but they are not affiliated with this scam.  Internet

I recently received a letter in the mail about secret shopping. It instructed me to deposit this check  enclosed. Luckily the check was drawn on a local bank, PNC. So I was a little skeptical so  I decided to go there instead of depositing it into my bank acct. Well needless to say it turned out to be a forged check & they called the police. Well after an hour of talking with them & showing then the letter they were very understanding & realized I was a victim too. The letter makes it seem like it is for secret shopping. I just recently started researching secret shopping so that's probably how they got my info. So if anyone receives this immediately inform the local police, because this is a real company in New Jersey. I have spoke with them to see if I could assist them in catching these people that have stolen their information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Modular/internet/Global-Modular-I-received-a-letter-in-the-mail-telling-me-to-deposit-the-check-enclosed-i-1064087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Modular