Complaint Review: Global Moving Network - Modern Moving

• Submitted: Mon, February 16, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, February 16, 2004

• Reported By:Springfield Illinois
Global Moving Network - Modern Moving
45 E. Sheridan St., Ste. A Dania Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Global Moving Network - Modern Moving REFUSE TO GIVE DELIVERY DATE; CHANGED PRICE QUOTE AT DELIVERY Dania Beach Florida

My sister needed to move from KC, Missouri to Decatur, IL (about a 6 hour drive). I agreed to pay for the move since she is between jobs. Global Moving quoted her a price per pound that was very fair. It took them 3 days with NO COMMUNICATION to actually pick up her stuff, and A WEEK to deliver it.

When they picked up her things and weighed everything in, the total pounds decreased by 500 pounds. You would think that an adjustment for this would be made when the move was complete - NOT! Since I live 45 minutes away, I gave her my credit card info. so that the balance due could be charged upon delivery. After waiting for a WEEK (and again NO COMMUNICATION from Global or Modern Moving as to when her things would arrive), Modern's driver informed my sister that he needed the actual credit card and aletter of authorization from to use it.

Keep in mind, that my sister informed Global that she would be making payment in this manner beforehand, and they did not have a problem with it. They never told her she had to have the actual card when they delivered. Nevertheless, my sister had to drive 45 to get my credit card and then back to make payment.

After all is said and done, I call to see about the adjustment for the 500 pounds less and they inform me that they decided to not make any adjustments because THEY had to wait for three hours (could only have been two hours maximum)to unload her stuff.

I have contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge and I will provide them with the contracts so that a decision can be made. I plan to file a complaint with the BBB. If the decision by my credit card company is not to my satisfaction I will go ahead with a law suit.

Stephanie
Springfield, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2004 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Moving-Network-Modern-Moving/Dania-Beach-Florida-33004/Global-Moving-Network-Modern-Moving-REFUSE-TO-GIVE-DELIVERY-DATE-CHANGED-PRICE-QUOTE-AT-80603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Moving Network - Modern Moving