Complaint Review: Global Reach International

• Reported By: Addy — Wayne County Tennessee United States of America
Global Reach International
633 W. 5th Los Angeles, California United States of America

Global Reach International Believed Internet Fraud Los Angeles, California

I provided my billing information to pay $1.95 for the shipping and handling of a package for a free government grant. I was to get this package within three weeks. I received a call within 48 hrs from a 213 area code asking if I would be interested in getting help to apply for this grant for an additional $60.00 per month. I asked her name while things were still friendly( but I believe that to be an alias) and informed her I was capable of applying without any help. She changed her tone and began to pressure me so I immediately told her that I was no longer interested, and instructed her to cancel my order. From that time I received call after call, being harrassed by this woman. It wasn't until 2 months later ( I still haven't recieved the package) I found my monthly bank statements and discovered that I not only got charged for the postage and handling, I was charged for the monthly assistance , a charged that was never approved.

To make matters worse my husband had also inquired a grant, paid the same S & H and the same charges in exactly the same amounts and dates showed up on our statements. This same woman called insisted on speaking to him and then harassed him. They work under an umbrella, multiple companies run by the same people using the same scam.

As soon as I discovered what they were up to I went to my bank and hot carded my card so they can no longer take any payments.  I am thankful that I was able to keep a log of their calls which showed up on my caller ID. My next step is to retain an attorney and file charges against them for internet fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2009 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Reach-International/Los-Angeles-California-90017/Global-Reach-International-Believed-Internet-Fraud-Los-Angeles-California-534461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Reach International