Complaint Review: Global Replica

• Submitted: Wed, June 27, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, June 27, 2007

• Reported By:Winnebago Illinois
Global Replica
64 Beaver Street, New York, NY New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 347-220-3417
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Global Replica RIPOFF ARTISTS!! You will NEVER receive your refund!!! New York Internet

I placed an order online on 4/28/07. The website shows that they accept charge card payments and I entered my charge card information. I received an email confirmation that my order had been entered, however, I received a phone call the next day telling me that the credit card payment was unable to be processed as their machine was down. They did offer me a COD shipment. THIS WAS MY FATAL MISTAKE!!!

In hindsight, any reputible company would have charge capability, or even if it was "down", it would not be "down" for long. I told the gentlemen on the phone that I would change the order to COD, but I needed him to send me an email or fax that would allow me to confirm my change of shipping information since I would need to have the COD delivered to my work and not my home address to ensure that the package could be delivered during normal business hours.

I received an email from Justin Walker, Sales Manager confirming my information and thanking me for my order. Again, in hindsight, I am sure he was really "thanking" me for forking over $850 for a piece of crap. The watch was received on 5/2/07, and like most of the other victims reporting this company to RIPOFF REPORTS, UPS delivered the COD and did not allow me to open the package to inspect it before I gave them the money order. The watch was not the watch I ordered. Big surprise.

I called the company and spoke to Joe.I explained that the watch I received was not the watch I ordered.He offered to ship me a different watch, however, I explained to him that I was not interested in a different watch, I wanted a full refund. He told me to send the watch back to the address on the shipping docs. 64 Beaver Street, NY, NY attn: Adam Rosen. I sent the watch back via UPS on 5/4/07 and it was delivered on 5/8/07.

The website I ordered from, www.globalreplica.com, clearly states that "Upon receiving your watch you have 14 days to inspect your timepiece. During the inspection period you may return your item for a full refund....." except, you NEVER receive a refund!! It also says "Refunds/Exchanges take 1-2 weeks to process." The watch was returned on 5/8/07....7 weeks ago. I have made more than 50 phone calls trying to get information on my refund.

In most cases, at least 95% of the time, no matter what phone number you try to call them at....yes....they use many....including: 646-512-1437, 347-220-3417, 646-465-0184, you have to leave a voicemail, if you are lucky enough to catch a voicemail that is not "full". I have spoken to Mark, Justin, and Joe. I have been hung up on at least twice and now the latest lie is this from last week: "We had misplaced your address....can you give me that?" I gave the guy my address and then was told this one...."We are expecting payments in this week. I am sure Adam will get your refund to you at some point, but to speed things up, I am going to have a customer send YOU (me) the payment on their order to bypass the delay from Adam, and I will send the customer his watch..." What a joke.

If you can't afford to throw away $850, then stay away from this company!!! You will get a watch that is CRAP and when you want a refund you will NEVER receive it. I tried working back through my credit card company that I took a cash advance from to pay for the COD, but they can't help me. Looks like I will have to continue to try the phone and I will be taking some advice from other "RIPOFF REPORTS" and trying to contact the States Attorney, BBB, etc.

My advice is to save yourself alot of money and buy a Timex at the local discount store!!

Winnebago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2007 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Replica/New-York-New-York/Global-Replica-RIPOFF-ARTISTS-You-will-NEVER-receive-your-refund-New-York-Internet-257201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Replica