Complaint Review: Global Resources

• Submitted: Thu, March 09, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 09, 2006

• Reported By:Flagler Beach Florida
Global Resources
12550 Biscayne Blvd., Ste. 704 North Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Global Resources Ripoff North Miami Florida

In November of 2004, we invested almost $13,000 in the supposed Global Resources opportunity of pre-paid cellphones and phone cards. After receiving a welcome letter from the company's president, Stewart Pope, we received several calls from "locators" who were allegedly setting up retail locations for our business opportunity. These locations kept changing and this locator interaction was the only activity we realized except for receiving advertising towers and three terminals that have collected dust in my garage since I received them.

After numerous letters and calls that resulted in nothing, I contacted the Florida Dept. of Agriculture & Consumer Services to file an official complaint. I received a letter in November of 2005 from Ronald Montford a regulator specialist at the agency who acknowledged my complaint. I heard nothing further until receiving another letter from the agency in February 2006 again from Mr. Montford telling me that "Department records indicate this firm is no longer operating; therefore, we are unable to pursue your complaint." Period. I e-mailed Mr. Montford asking him if anyone from the state has picked up the ball or is purusing these rip-off artists and who should we contact next. There was no response. Thank you Florida. His last sentence was, "We hope that you will contact the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services in the future if we can assist you with a consumer related issue."

If Global Resources has closed their doors and if the above-mentioned Florida agency, because of this, has no jurisdiction, then I believe an e-mail response as to whom we could contact about what is happening to Global Resources executives was in order.

I certainly would like to know if prosecution efforts are ongoing and where this is taking place. Although there is next to little chance of seeing a dime of our investment, the State should be pursuing these crooks.

I would appreciate any information.

Flagler Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2006 02:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Resources/North-Miami-Florida-33181/Global-Resources-Ripoff-North-Miami-Florida-180263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Resources