Complaint Review: Global Secure Services

• Submitted: Sat, September 20, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By:brentwood California
Global Secure Services
2050 Russett Way, Carson, NV 89703, U.S.A. Internet U.S.A.

Global Secure Services, Export Import Company Worthless Broker Certification Carson Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: This what I think of GSS or GSW

*Consumer Suggestion: Global Secure Solution is now Global Services Worldwide/GSW Imex, Same Modus Operandi

I am a Global Secure Services "Certified Broker." My broker ID is 37060. About two years ago I enrolled in this so called " GSS Boker Certification" program sponsored by this company. I completed the training and got my certification. I think the program is worthless and too expensive. It is worthless because to begin with they are an unaccredited institution. The certificate they issued is not transferable to a four year institution, and it is not recognized by state or federal trade agencies either. It's too expensive because I paid for it $8500 by cashier check. The following is what I got from them: three course materials (binders) photocopied reproduced, 200 pages each; one live training each week; and a poorly maintained website, by the way, the fee is $35 montly. One more thing, if you go to their website www.globalsecureservices.org, you are going to find a statement somewhere on its template that says that they have hundreds of certified brokers worldwide. Personally, I have never met or spoken with one of them. Paying to GSS $8500 dollars was a big mistakes. If you want to pay it, go ahead, it's you business. I don't endorse it. I don't want to discredit them in anyway. I just want to say what I believe.

brentwood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2008 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Secure-Services/internet/Global-Secure-Services-Export-Import-Company-Worthless-Broker-Certification-Carson-Intern-374604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Secure Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This what I think of GSS or GSW

AUTHOR: glimexco - (United States of America)

I actually have been contemplating this company for about 3 years as they went from GSS to GSW. I have talked to a representative who was pause and calm and meant business. He was very excited about my objectives but I haven't done much research about them.
Now I am seeing 1 negative report on the (((Redacted)))and about 4 or 5 on the ripoff report: http://www.ripoffreport.com/infomercial-programming/global-secure-servic/global-secure-services-export-xfb7e.htm.
For me that's pretty good for a company that claim 750 accounts.
My question is for these who complained: Do you learn anything from GSW? Are you able to make transactions if leads where given to you? If you respond yes to these questions then do not worry about the money, see it as an investment to engage in this multi billion industry and spend your time doing your market research.
When I started thinking about import/export I picked up 2 consultants from SCORE to help me they discouraged because too risky and overwhelming, the very nice one sent me to my community college and when I checked that option it would be about 6month and for a tuition of over $20.000.
I paid an other company $1000 to provide me a site with the forms and compliance regulations...some more money to set up my LLC and still need to negotiate with banks to finance my operations.
My take is pay the $8500 learn the process... and if they can finance your transactions (they claim that too), you are already a winner.
Kirkland, WA

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Michiganmom - (U.S.A.)

I also have a near-transaction with this company but I did my "due diligence" before forking up the fee of 8500 dollars.

A guy named Cary Grossman sent me information on the broker certification in response to the inquiry I made on their site. I was looking for an import broker for my own business when I came across their offer. It seemed like a good opportunity and offer since they say the training fee is reimbursable after a certain number of transactions you make as a certified broker once you have completed their training. They even offered to train my husband for free.

I did some research on this company including reverse phone look-up and whois database and a connection between GSS and GSW turned up on BBB. I looked up Global Services Worldwide (GSW Imex) on Rip-off Report and nothing turned up on the company but something did on Global Secure Services (GSS). Same story, just a different company name. They claim to get you certified as a broker and help you set up your own export import business to the tune of USD 8500 and a monthly fee thereafter.

I am thankful that I did some research otherwise I likely would have ended up with the 8500 setback. I called an office in the same building that GSW says they hold office in and the operator said that she sees employees going to work in the said office but never really spoke to any of them. She said they could be legit but personally, I am not taking any chances. I also called the office of the Nevada Economic Development to verify them but no one has called me back yet.

They have paid ads everywhere on the internet and that is about all that turns up if you do a search for reviews on the company. Hence, I am writing this comment about GSW Imex and I hope google picks it up for those who will search for information on this company next time.

My unsolicited advice to everyone looking for a business is to always perform due diligence before parting with your hard earned money. The sad truth is there are many vultures out there that will take advantage of us if we are not careful.