Complaint Review: Global Source

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, February 19, 2004

• Reported By:canyon Oregon
Global Source
Refused To Provide It Refused To Disclose, Alaska U.S.A.

Global Source ripoff scam Refused To Disclose Internet

GLOBAL SOURCE IS A SCAMMER - I received a call from a lady (refused to give her name she just insisted that she needed to speak with accounts payable). When I asked her why she needed to speak to that department (We do not have an AP dept & all of my vendors know we don't have one) she stated that she was with the Accounts Receivable Department of Global Source and needed to discuss payment arrangements for their directory listing
At which point I stated WHAT BILL! I know who my vendors are and you are not one of them. Give me the name of the person listed on the invoice, your address, direct phone number and website (website www.global.com was bogus)! She said that she did not have the invoice / account information, customer service had it but her department did not get that info (sounded fishy)
I then asked her to conference call us into customer service - she said she could not. So I asked her for the customer service number so that I could call them and conference them in at which point she said she did not have a direct number for the customer service department.
When I asked her if she would hold the line so that I could conference in the person she needed to speak with she said yes. At which point I called the FTC when I brought them on the line and she found out who they were she said that she'd take our name & number off their calling list & hung up. ANY reputable business would have been able to provide the information that I requested & at the least would have stayed on the line even an FTC employee was listening in on the conversation. If they call, get any info that you can get and call the FTC and file a complaint -

canyon, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2004 01:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Source/Refused-To-Disclose-Alaska/Global-Source-ripoff-scam-Refused-To-Disclose-Internet-80933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Source