Complaint Review: Global-Sun Pools, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, April 07, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, April 09, 2004

• Reported By:Corpus Christi Texas
Global-Sun Pools, Inc.
2533 N. Carson Street, Suite 4925 Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

Global-Sun Pools Inc. ripoff, The salesman LIED about the interest, should have been 0, not 19.99 Carson City Nevada

*Consumer Comment: you're nuts... global sun, tropical and paradise pools, just to name a few prey on unsuspecting homeowners and then bind them into a contract by putting leins on their homes.

The salesman came in saying I was pre-approved for any pool and the since the interest was free, We were saving money.

He kept saying he was impressed by my being pre-approved for any pool and at interest free my payments would be low.

When he figured up the first pool (24ft. round) monthly payment was approx. 279.00 montly. I told my wife no way. He then calls "The Owner in Atlanta" and talks and then he speaks to my wife about an 18 ft. round. Payments would be 189.00 a month and I figured it out that it would take about 41 months to pay it off, with no interest. and the Salesman Agreed.

I then give access to my bank account for the draft, for 189.00 and other info.
A few days later, Global calls my wife saying they have financing for us with a revolving account (credit card) at 19.99% interest. She says ok and she will have to let me decide. She also says she thought we already had been financed but will let me know.
Now I am having a lein put on my house because I will not agree with the 20% interest!. I am going to the Attorney General of Texas and seeing what can be done.

Terry
Corpus Christi, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2004 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Sun-Pools-Inc/Carson-City-Nevada-89706/Global-Sun-Pools-Inc-ripoff-The-salesman-LIED-about-the-interest-should-have-been-0-no-87005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global-Sun Pools, Inc.

anybody who would pay $7750.00 for an 18' round above ground swimming pool is nuts !! Companies like global sun, tropical and paradise pools, just to name a few prey on unsuspecting homeowners and then bind them into a contract by putting leins on their homes.

You can buy the same (or better) pools from swimming pool retail stores in your area for less than $2000.00 installed. These are complete packages including wall, frame, liner, filtration system, maintenance kit and start up chemicals. Don't believe the "no chemical" system pitch. Even with ionizers, you still need chlorine.

You can usually get 90 days same as cash financing or even up to six months to one year interest free. If you were willing to spend $189.00 per month for 41 months, why not spend less than than per month for only 12 months and truly get it interest free.

Just my $.02 worth..