Complaint Review: Global-Sun Pools

• Submitted: Mon, April 28, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, July 16, 2004

• Reported By:Jacksonville North Carolina
Global-Sun Pools
120 Interstate N PKWY E STE 426 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Global-Sun Pools A TOTAL RIPOFF Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Thankful for the report

To Whom it may concern, 22 April 2003

Sunday,
April 6th at 1pm a Global-Sun Pool representative came out to my house and spoke to my wife and I. We finally compromised on a price if I allowed the pool to be a Show Pool for a minimum of 2 years and took delivery on a Monday through Wednesday. They had a pool in New Bern, NC (a bankruptcy) and since it was already shipped we would save on the shipping if we agreed to the Monday Wednesday setup dates and would have the pool professionally installed(promised)within one week.

I gave the Rep. my credit card number and permission to authorize a $500.00 dollar deposit. Last Monday April 21st was the first time I had heard anything (over two weeks) and still no pool. A Finance Rep. called my house at almost 11 pm waking me up and proceeded to go over the financial details with me. The conversation was taped, but I vaguely remember the phone call. I heard on the tape where the interest was for 18 percent and then I was quiet.

The Rep. asked if these terms were okay and I said yes, but I was waiting to receive the final financial contract before I agreed in writing to their 18% interest rate. I finally received the financial paperwork (FEDEX) last week and after looking over the documents the pool costs appx: 6,000 with financial charges of over 3,000. I immediately called Ken Pappaceno at 1 800 533 5170 and voiced my displeasure with both the high interest rate (much higher than the national average) and the way I was misled. I was never informed about the high interest rate, the total amount of the finance charges and then I later find out the pool I was promised in New Bern was sold to someone else.

I informed Ken that I no longer wanted the pool and his comments were basically you bought the pool, fill out the financial documents, FEDEX them back to me and Ill have your pool setup. He would not take NO for an answer. I have no intentions of completing, signing and returning his documentation.

I told him to sell the pool and not hold the second pool for me as he complained that each day he was being charged with a $30.00 dollar holding fee. Again, I told him I did not want the pool, but he was adamant that I was going to take this pool or he would contact his legal department and wed go to arbitration of which according to Ken they never lose. Ill take my chances, this company is a total rip off and should be permanently put out of business. To date they still have a copy of mortgage and military Leave and Earnings Statement. Sincerely,

Thomas
Jacksonville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2003 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Sun-Pools/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Global-Sun-Pools-A-TOTAL-RIPOFF-Atlanta-Georgia-54782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global-Sun Pools

Thankful for the report

AUTHOR: Jamie - (U.S.A.)

Thomas,

Thanks so much for the report. My husband and I were considereing the purchase of a new above-ground pool for our two boys this summer.

I have learned through bad experiences (as yours) not to rush into any purchase. I always go online and research the product and the company before we make the final purchasing decision. This is how I found your etremely
informative information.

Therefore, we will very carefully consider who and where we purchase our pool from.
Again, Thanks for the insight. It was helpful; and I do apologize for your inconvenience. I hope all goes well.
Sincerely,