Complaint Review: Global Sun Pools

• Submitted: Fri, June 04, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, June 04, 2004

• Reported By:Anniston Alabama
Global Sun Pools
2533 N Carson Street, Suite 4925 Carson City, Nevada U.S.A.

The Pool Depot - Global-Sun Pools ripoff Carson City Nevada

First, I want to thank each and every one of you who reported on this website. I was skeptical the very first time I placed a call to this company. However, I followed through with having a salesman come to my home for a sales presentation, even though I commented "why is someone coming to my home and need 90 minutes" needless to say, the salesman stayed at my house for almost four hours.

Anyway, against our instinct, my fiance and I signed a contract to purchase a pool from this company. I did read the contract entirely and knew before signing that I had three days to cancel the contract without any further obligations to this company. I had some hesitations about some of the questions I answered on the survey, but the salesman was such a pleasure to do business with I felt it would hurt his job if I answered the way my instinct was telling me too. I can't believe I was even this naive and went against my own intelligence. (I have always been very skeptical of salespersons)

The very next day I got estimates on some inground pools and discovered they were about the same price as what I was initially quoted for this pool, $13,650. I got the sales pitch of a show pool and send in action shots for a discounted price. I also called a local pool dealer whom I knew to inquire what he knew about this company. The first thing he said was do not sign any papers, they are a rip-off. I immediately began to determine what steps were necessary to cancel the contract. I researched the company on the internet and discovered nothing but negative news.

I typed a letter to the company enclosing a copy of the cancellation notice. I faxed this letter to the two fax numbers I could locate for them. I did a search with the Secretary of State for TN, TX, AL, FL, NV, and GA. I discovered they are not corporated in AL which I found surprising after the Alabama Supreme Court ruling. There was a corporation listed as a fictitious name under "Pool Depot Inc The". I could not find anything in TN. I did find they are corporated in Florida, Georgia and Nevada. I found addresses for either the corporation or the officers in Santa Rosa Beach, FL; Atlanta, GA; Destin, FL; Plantation, FL; and Carson City, NV.

I also found the fax number given on the report submitted by Dana and Loretta on 06/03/04 was a Dallas, TX based number. I mailed a copy of my letter and cancellation notice to every single person and/or corporation that I could find affiliated with this company. I also printed everything that I could find on the internet (approximately 50+ pages) and faxed every page to the Atlanta fax number, including the 2 court cases, all complaints, secretary of state findings, etc. This corporation is also currently listed under several different corporations, i.e., Lauglin Associates, Inc., C. T. Corporation Systems.

My cancellation expiration is tomorrow, which is Saturday. I called customer service and was assured that they would be there tomorrow so that I could overnight my package to them to arrive Sat a.m. delivery. I finally was able to uncover the direct line to the Nevada office, called to inquire if they would be open on Saturday and was told no, that they would not be there to accept my notice of cancellation. The notice of cancellation contract clearly states that it must be mailed to the Carson City, NV address. I called back customer service again and they assured me that it could be cancelled as long as it was postmarked before the deadline.

I just sent my cancellation notice out today but to be safe I faxed and mailed to every possible person I could find that is affiliated with this company and I just hope that I don't get ripped. I felt I should share this information with all you who have not been able to recover from the damage caused by this company. Maybe you all should begin sending letters to every person involved, including the owner, CEO, CFO, Secretary, etc. and just maybe, you might can get something accomplished.

I heard one story that the advertised pools do not exist. One lady purchased one and every time she called them she was told they were out of stock. She continued to annoy the company and just to shut her up, they came out and installed the Midline pool for the price of the Econoline pool.

I have checked around with local dealers and can get almost the same pool for 1/4th of the discounted price or 1/7th of the original price.

Best wishes,

Shirley
Anniston, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2004 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Sun-Pools/Carson-City-Nevada-89706/The-Pool-Depot-Global-Sun-Pools-ripoff-Carson-City-Nevada-93691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Sun Pools