Complaint Review: Global Tea Direct

• Updated: Thu, October 01, 2009

• Reported By: ZLB — Berkeley California USA
Global Tea Direct
990 Grove St. Evanston, Illinois United States of America

Global Tea Direct, Seattle Coffee Direct, Tea Source Expressm, Operated and owned by Peel, Inc. Unauthorized charges to credit card Evanston , Illinois

On September 16, 2009 I ordered trial shipment of the tea form the Tea Francais. I paid $2 and I was to have 2 weeks to decide whether I want to continue. I canceled the service on Sept 29, 2009, but in the meantime the company charged my credit card for 4 shipments of the tea $39.97 each. Than is almost $160!

The customer service staff refused to reverse charges before I return the merchandise, even though it was not ordered, therefore the charges were not authorized.

I am happy to return the merchandise, but I do not believe I owe anything for it.
I reported them to BBB and FTC, please do the same:

Tea Francais AKA Seattle Coffee Direct is owned & operated by

Peel Inc.
990 Grove St.
Evanston, Il 60201
(847)424-0954

briandale@peel.com

File your complaints w/ www.ftc.gov & www.chicago.bbb.org

Also disputed charges on Visa through my bank.

You can also call their Director of Customer Service and complaint to her (they deserve being harassed!):

Rebecca Fergen-Ramirez
Director of Customer Service
Peel, Inc.
(224) 534-3015

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2009 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Tea-Direct/Evanston-Illinois-60201/Global-Tea-Direct-Seattle-Coffee-Direct-Tea-Source-Expressm-Operated-and-owned-by-Peel-502961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Tea Direct