Complaint Review: Global Tel Link Corp

• Submitted: Mon, April 05, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, April 05, 2010

• Reported By: Patsy — Glen Ridge Florida United States of America
Global Tel Link Corp
800 S.E. Monterey Rd., Stuart, FL 34994 Stuart, Florida United States of America

Global Tel Link Corp Inmate calling charges are way above long distance fees & this company should be regulated. Stuart , Florida

My son is an inmate at Martin Co. Jail, Stuart, FL & you MUST use there phone link which is Global Tel Link in order to talk on the phone. Since I live in a different area code just cities away from the jail I am charged an astronomical fee for this phone use. Just yesterday, April 5th, 2010, I put a $25 charge onto my Visa account & my son called me twice yesterday & only once did we talk the entire time limit. Today when he went to call we could connect--the automated service said that I did not have any money left on my account.

I have tried many different times & days to reach this company but they have a recording that says "due to high volumn of calls we cannot take your call at this time please call back" then it disconnects. I've tried now for weeks to speak to a person.

Something needs to be done in order for this company to become regulated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2010 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Tel-Link-Corp/Stuart-Florida-34994/Global-Tel-Link-Corp-Inmate-calling-charges-are-way-above-long-distance-fees-this-compa-589821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Tel Link Corp