Complaint Review: Global Tel Link

• Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: Ignacio — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Global Tel Link
2609 Cameron Street Mobile, Alabama United States of America

Global Tel Link Deposited funds to receive calls, unpublished company policy says all monies left after 90 days are forfeited. Mobile, Alabama

Set up an account to receive calls from my son.  Deposited funds in account to prepay. Stopped using the account and when I requested closure and refund of the account 7 months later, I was advised that my account was already closed.  I was told that it was company policy that after 90 days any account which was dormant automatically closed and the funds forfeited.

They claimed that they tried to contact me but that my phone was disconnected.  This is not true since I have had the same phone number for over 10 years with caller id, call waiting, answering machine, etc. so there is no way they could have surmised that my phone line was not working.

I believe this is not only fraud but also theft, a crime in any state.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2012 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Tel-Link/Mobile-Alabama-36607-3104/Global-Tel-Link-Deposited-funds-to-receive-calls-unpublished-company-policy-says-all-mon-824046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Tel Link