Complaint Review: Global Tel Link

• Submitted: Wed, July 14, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, August 04, 2010

• Reported By: Anita — Crossville Tennessee United States of America
Global Tel Link

Global Tel Link GTL is not accepting magic jack numbers. when inmate calls, it rings on their side but not to person calling Internet

*Consumer Comment: I don't think magic jacks should care about criminals

There are many inmates right now whose families have been using a magic jack number because it is cheaper. you can choose a place that is close to the facility for your phone number so it is a local call from the facility which saves a dramatic amount of money. Well, for the last 2 weeks. No inmate has been able to call their loved ones. It rings on their side when making a call, but to the other end, the phone never rings.

I called them to report this and it was told to me that I have had this problem the whole time and I just did not know it! WHATEVER!!!!! I have been using this number for almost a year, recieving my pnone calls for almost a year. Yes, there was some times when there was no answer, but that was because I was not at home. I still talked to my husband once a day, at least.

I know that they are not making as much money on the local calls, but to not let them through is outlandish! I paid for my magic jack and my internet and when my husband calls another number to find out what's wrong because he is worried, then I can call my number and it goes through just find really upsets me and my husband.

The sad thing is all of the other people that is going through the same thing SUCKS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2010 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Tel-Link/internet/Global-Tel-Link-GTL-is-not-accepting-magic-jack-numbers-when-inmate-calls-it-rings-on-t-623185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Tel Link

I don't think magic jacks should care about criminals

AUTHOR: Hardtofoolme - (U.S.A.)

Hey, look dude your in jail, suffer.