Complaint Review: Global Tel Link

• Updated: Sun, August 19, 2012

• Reported By: Shari — Wichita Kansas United States of America
Global Tel Link

Global Tel Link This company continues to steal money from me! Internet

My son is an inmate at the county jail and I have put money on my Global Tel Link account for the last time.  I am writing letters ONLY from now on, as I refuse to just hand over my money to these Global Tel Link crooks ever again.

They state up front they will not reimburse for dropped calls if you use a cell phone.  Funny how nearly every call from my son ends up being a "dropped call" when I normally don't have this issue.  Also funny is how when I complained about the quantity of dropped calls they agreed to reimburse me for one dropped call, then actually did not do it.  Nice touch.

Additionally, my sone will call and before I even accept the call by pressing zero, the call will terminate (again...this only seems to happen with this kind of regularity with Global Tel Link).  It happened twice tonight.  I never did get to speak to my son and I never was able to even accept the call before it simply ended.  So you would figure no charge to my card, right?  WRONG!  My balance went from 17 dollars to eleven then down to 3.  What was my money used for exactly?

This happens all the time, so often that anyone can sign up for an account and experience the same issues we have had in order to experience the fraud that is taking place.  Why has no one turned these people in??

I also am filing complaint with consumer fraud division and BBB...these GTL people should be in jail themselves!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2012 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Global-Tel-Link/internet/Global-Tel-Link-This-company-continues-to-steal-money-from-me-Internet-929575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Global Tel Link